Website designed and maintained by Website4u Tranent: Inglis, Mack, Horne, White, Salton, Fairlie, Ellis, Small, Graham, Anderson, Tait Subs: Stevenson, Munro, Miller, Lawrie, Dunlop Penicuik: Bald, Robertson, McDermott, Meikle, Campbell, Barr, Gay, Riley, Harvey, Killin, Montgomery Subs: Walker, Millar, Brown Kennedy, Robertson Referee: Mr S McLean  Penicuik travelled to Tranent hoping to redeem themselves after their poor second half performance away to Dunbar Utd when they surrendered a two goal half time lead to lose 5 - 3. However, ten minutes into the game and a mistake by Gay allowed Tranent to split the Penicuik defence, but fortunately for Penicuik he blasted the ball over the bar. Then a great chance fell to Penicuik, but a last gasp tackle denied Killin. In their next attack, Montgomery left three defenders trailing in his wake and his cross found Killin. He shot first time but keeper Inglis pulled off a great save. In the 15th  minute a curling left foot shot by Anderson went narrowly past Bald's right hand post. Penicuik took the lead in the 24th minute when BARR slammed home a cross by Gay. Immediately afterwards Bald was brought into action to save an Ellis drive at the second attempt. In the 32nd minute another superb cross by Montgomery was inches away from being headed home by Harvey. Montgomery was causing havoc down the left wing and his next sortie saw him cut back a great ball into the box, but there were no takers for Penicuik. Half Time: Tranent 0 Penicuik 1  In the opening minute of the half, Killin's tenacity set up Harvey, but he was crowded out and the danger cleared. In the 49th minute, a Harvey flick sent Montgomery free and he was pulled down in the box. GAY confidently converted the spot kick. Penicuik were in control of the game and in the 62nd  minute Inglis had to be sharp to save a Gay free kick. Penicuik then made substitutions and began to fall out of the game. In the 67th  minute, Tate should have scored but mishit his shot and Bald saved comfortably. Immediately afterwards, Penicuik should have sewn the game up when Barr was clear, but his strike was well saved by Inglis. Then it was Bald's turn to pull off the save of the match when, at full stretch, he turned a Fairlie pile driver round the post. In their next attack, a long ball picked out substitute Stevenson in a blatantly offside position. He crossed the ball to Graham who flicked the ball past Bald and TATE came in at the back post to score. In the 78th minute, a pinpoint cross picked out GRAHAM who headed past Bald who was caught in no man's land. Tranent then sewed up the points when MILLER slotted home from the edge of the box after a weak punch out by Bald. Once again Penicuik surrendered a two goal lead and fell out of the game in the second half. If Penicuik have any ambitions for the Premier League, they will have to sort out their defensive frailties and their failure to convert chances. 11.08.10 South League Cup Tranent 3 Penicuik 2