Website designed and maintained by Website4u Steelend: Glancey, Livingston, Reddington, Swan, Ravenscroft, Sherry, Bell, Seath, Watt, Ellis, O’Connor Subs: Higgans, Brand, Hyslop, Wright Penicuik: Bald, Gallagher, Kennedy, Meikle, Campbell, Walker, Killin, McKay, Harvey, Brigain, McDermott Subs: Hay, Riley, Gay, Montgomery, Robertson Referee: Mr Allan Spalding Penicuik travelled to Woodside Park for this first round tie in the Fife & Lothians Cup, and it wasn’t until the 11th minute before the first chance arose, but Bald in was well placed to gather the attempt on goal. One minute later, with Penicuik claiming offside, Watt dragged his shot narrowly past the post. This woke up Penicuik and in the 13th minute, Brigain set up HARVEY who took one touch before drilling the ball home for the opener. In their next attack, Killin was in on goal but keeper Glancey rushed out to smother the ball. Then Killin sent over a searching cross into the box, but again Glancey was alert and cut out the danger. In the 16th minute, Walker had a great chance to score, but his glancing header, off a pinpoint McKay cross, went narrowly wide of the target. With Penicuik piling on the pressure, Glancey came to the Vics rescue when he stuck out a boot to deflect away a netbound strike by Brigain. However in the 22nd minute, not to be denied, BRIGAIN waltzed past four defenders and struck a powerful twenty five yard shot that hit the back of the net before the keeper could blink. Then in the 28th minute Bald pulled off the save of the game when he turned a great header over the bar for a corner kick. On the half hour, Penicuik broke up the left and McDermott’s cross to the back post found KILLIN who promptly slotted past Glancey. Penicuik finished the half strongly with headers from Meikle and Walker coming close. Half Time: Steelend 0 Penicuik 3 Four minutes into the half, with Penicuik pushing up field, a quick ball from defence found O’Connor who cut the ball back to the unmarked ELLIS. He had the easiest of tasks to side foot the ball home from close range. This goal lifted the home side and they started to pass the ball well and push Penicuik on to the back foot. However in the 60th minute, BRIGAIN converted a spot kick after he had been brought down by Reddington. Five minutes later, Bald was at full stretch to tip a header over the crossbar. In the 80th minute, Harvey had a half chance, but his strike lacked power and Glancey saved comfortably. Penicuik were comfortably in control of the game, and although Steelend continued to try hard, they were unable to penetrate the Penicuik defence. In the 89th minute, a flowing move by Penicuik culminated with a lay off to substitute Hay, but his strike flew over the bar. One minute later, a neat move between Walker and Harvey saw keeper Glancey brilliantly turn Walker’s left foot drive round the post. From the corner, Harvey got his head to the ball, but again Glancey was there to save for Steelend. Final Score: Steelend 1 Penicuik 4 16.10.10 1st Round Fife & Lothians Cup Steelend 1 Penicuik 4