Penicuik Athletic
Established 1888
Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Match Report
Penicuik vs Linlithgow 8.2.20
Penicuik 2 Linlithgow 2 Penicuik:          Watt,   Baptie,   Young,   Page,   Connolly,   Kateleza,   Somerville   (c),   Tansey,   McCrory-Irving,   Stevenson,   Forbes Subs: O’Donnell, Jones, Watson, Wilson, Ponton Linlithgow :   McKinven,   Thom,   Hare,   Ru   MacLennan   (c),   Ro   MacLennan,   Allum,   Scullion,   Meikle,   Slaven,   Nimmo,   Ross Subs: Ronald, D Smith, Columbine, DA Smith, Wilson Penicuik   started   the   game   with   drive   and   determination   and   it   only   took   until   the   13th   minute   for   them   to   take   the   lead. A fine   interchange   between   McCrory-Irving   and   Tansey   saw   the   latter   drill   a   low   cross   along   the   six   yard   box   where SOMERVILLE   slotted   home.   One   minute   later,   a   long   range   effort   by   Allum   flashed   past   the   Penicuik   post.   Play   swung from   end   to   end   and   on   the   half   hour   mark,   a   cross   into   the   Penicuik   box   by   HARE   deceived   keeper   Watt   and   the   ball dipped   over   him   into   the   net.   Then   Allum   tried   another   long   range   strike,   but   Watt   got   down   well   to   save.   In   the   38th minute,   Penicuik   broke   up   the   left,   but   Baptie’s   shot   was   deflected   away   for   a   corner.      Immediately   afterwards,   a   McCrory- Irving   cross   was   headed   on   to   Tansey,   but   he   blasted   the   ball   high   and   wide   of   the   goal.   Right   on   half   time,   another     McCrory-Irving   cross   saw   Tansey’s   header   come   down   off   the   crossbar   and   Kateleza   followed   up   to   nod   it   in,   before   the assistant erroneously flagged Kateleza offside. Half Time: Penicuik 1 Linlithgow 1 Penicuik   started   the   second   half   strongly   and   in   the   52nd   minute,   McKinven   punched‬   a   McCrory-Irving   cross   as   far   as Tansey   who   set   up   Connolly   but   he   failed   to   hit   the   target.   In   the   58th   minute,   Kateleza   came   close   with   a   chip   shot   that beat   McKinven   but   dipped   over   the   crossbar.   In   their   next   attack,   Kateleza   saw   his   shot   blocked   by   McKinven’s   feet   and Tansey’s   follow   up   strike   was   also   blocked   and   the   danger   cleared. At   the   other   end,   a   Ronald   free   kick   picked   out   Nimmo but   his   strike   went   straight   to   keeper   Watt.   Penicuik   immediately   went   on   the   attack   and   persistence   from   Tansey   and Kateleza   kept   the   move   alive   before   the   latter   teed   up   CONNOLLY   who   drilled   the   ball   home   to   restore   Penicuik’s   lead. Five   minutes   later,   Forbes   crossed   for   Tansey   who   headed   on,   but   the   ball   was   just   missed   by   Kateleza   and   it   trickled wide   of   the   post.   Then   in   the   72nd   minute,   SLAVEN   outpaced   the   home   defence,   rounded   Watt   and   stroked   the   ball   into the   far   bottom   corner   of   the   net.   Five   minutes   later,   a   free   kick   to   Linlithgow   saw   Thom   get   his   head   to   the   ball,   but   Watt saved   well.   Minutes   later,   another   free   kick   was   awarded   to   the   Rose   but   Ronald’s   effort   crashed   back   off   the   crossbar. Linlithgow   were   now   piling   on   the   pressure,   and   Ross   had   a   great   chance,   but   he   sliced   his   shot   wide   of   the   goal.   One minute   later,   Slaven   blasted   the   ball   high   over   the   bar.   Into   injury   time   and   Forbes   was   on   hand   to   clear   a   header   off   the goal line. Final Score: Penicuik 2 Linlithgow 2