Penicuik Athletic
Established 1888
Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Match Report
Penicuik vs Bo’ness 7.3.20
2nd Round Central Taxis  EOS League Cup
Penicuik 3 Bo’ness 1 Penicuik:    Tait,   O’Donnell,   Baptie,   Young,   Jones,   Watson,   Somerville   (c),   Tansey,   McCrory-Irving,   Stevenson,   Forbes Subs: Watt, Page, Kateleza, Lamb, Devlin Bo’ness:    Murphy,   Jacobs,   Snowdon,   Hunter   (c),   Comrie,   Nimmo,   Ritchie,   Grant,   Campbell,   Turnbull,   Anderson   Subs: Adamson, MacGregor, Donnelly, Morgan, Stevenson, Faulds, McKenzie Penicuik   produced   a   sparkling   display   against   Cup   holders   and   League   leaders   Bo’ness   United   to   move   into   the   3rd round of the Central Taxis East of Scotland League Cup. In   the   9th   minute   Somerville   picked   out   McCrory-Irving   who   drove   forward   and   his   shot   was   blocked   back   to   Somerville who   hit   the   crossbar   before   it   was   cleared   for   a   corner‬.   From   the   corner,   Paul   TANSEY   headed   home   at   the   front   post. Shortly   afterwards   Stevenson   created   room   for   himself   but   blasted   wide   of   the   target.   On   the   half   hour,   Stevenson   set   up Jones   but   his   effort   flew   high   over   the   bar.   Just   before   half   time,   a   high   ball   into   the   Penicuik   box   by   Hunter   saw   Ritchie head wide of the goal under strong pressure from keeper Tait. Half Time: Penicuik 1 Bo’ness 0 In   the   opening   minute   of   the   second   half,   Jones   had   a   chance   but   his   strike   went   over   the   crossbar.   Five   minutes   later Bo’ness   had   the   ball   in   the   net. An Anderson   strike   came   back   off   the   crossbar   and   Stevenson   slotted   home   the   rebound only   to   be   ruled   offside.   However,   Bo’ness   got   the   equaliser   in   the   51st   minute   when   Will   SNOWDEN   scored   with   an excellent   volley.   There   then   followed   a   series   of   substitutions   by   both   sides   but   the   match   remained   level   at   full   time.   In the   opening   minute   of   extra   time,   Hunter   headed   just   wide   of   the   Penicuik   goal.   Then   in   the   101st   minute,   Tansey   was scythed    down    in    the    box    by    Ross    Campbell    who    was    red    carded    for    denying    a    goal    scoring    opportunity.    Craig STEVENSON   stepped   up   to   the   plate   and   blasted   the   spot   kick   home,   sending   keeper   Murphy   the   wrong   way.   Penicuik had   their   tails   up   now   and   Tansey   and   a   powerful   strike   well   saved   by   Murphy.   Minutes   later   the   same   player   was   set   up by   McCrory-Irving,   but   he   dragged   his   shot   wide   of   the   goal.   In   the   118th   minute,   Snowdon’s   clearance   was   intercepted by Devlin who played in Lumbert KATELEZA and he drilled the ball past Murphy to complete the scoring. Final Score: Penicuik 3 Bo’ness 1 (aet)