Penicuik Athletic
Established 1888
Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Match Report
Penicuik vs Bo’ness 7.9.19
Penicuik  3 Bo’ness 3 Penicuik :      Watt,   Baptie,   Young,   Connolly   (c),   Jones,   Tansey,   McCrory-Irving,   Ponton,   Stewart,   Stevenson,   Forbes   Subs:   | O’Donnell, Page, Caddow, Watson, Somerville, Williams, Viola Bo’ness:    Murphy,   Jacobs,   Syme,   Hewitt,   Campbell,   Grant,   Nimmo,   Gemmell,   Morgan,   Keast,   Comrie   Subs:   Stevenson, Mitchell, Snowdon Mooney, McKenzie The   opening   twenty   minutes   were   all   Bo’ness   United.   They   played   at   a   high   tempo,   closing   Penicuik   down,   forcing   the home   side   on   the   back   foot   and   preventing   them   playing   their   normal   passing   game.   However,   despite   that   dominance, Bo’ness   failed   to   create   any   clear   cut   chances.   Penicuik   gradually   worked   themselves   into   the   game   and   took   the   lead   in the   35th   minute   when   a   FORBES   cross   evaded   everyone   and   went   in   off   the   post.   Five   minutes   later   it   was   2-0. Stevenson   crossed   the   ball   to   the   back   post,   the   defence   let   go   expecting   a   goal   kick,   but   Stewart   cut   the   ball   back   and CONNOLLY   slotted   home. At   the   other   end,   a   long   range   effort   by   Morgan   took   a   deflection   but   Watt   turned   the   ball   away for a corner kick. Into added time and Bo’ness had the ball in the back of the net but was ruled offside. Half Time: Penicuik 2 Bo’ness 0 Six   minutes   into   the   half   and   a   MORGAN   header   beat   Watt   and   despite   Stevenson’s   best   effort   to   clear   the   ball,   the   goal was   given.   Immediately   afterwards   a   powerful   McCrory-Irving   strike   flashed   inches   over   the   bar.   Then,   following   a   corner to   Penicuik,   keeper   Murphy   punched   the   ball   clear   but   it   fell   to   Forbes   who   saw   his   shot   curl   over   the   bar.   In   the   58th minute,   a   swift   break   by   Bo’ness   saw   Morgan   head   a   Keast   cross   over   the   crossbar.   Ten   minutes   later,   Stewart   drove   at the   visitor’s   defence   and   was   upended   in   the   box.   STEVENSON   coolly   despatched   the   spot   kick   to   restore   Penicuik’s   two goal    lead.    Minutes    later,    keeper    Murphy    did    well    to    hold    on    to    a    well    struck   Tansey    shot.    Penicuik    were    looking comfortable   until   the   80th   minute   when   a   deflected   COMRIE   shot   beat   Watt   to   reduce   the   deficit.   Penicuik   should   have increased   their   lead   again   when   Ponton   set   up   Somerville   who,   in   normally   would   have   tucked   the   ball   away,   but somehow   contrived   to   shoot   wide   of   the   target.   Bo’ness   then   went   up   the   park   and   KEAST   sent   over   a   high   cross   that looped   over   everyone   and   into   the   net   for   the   equaliser.   Penicuik   pressed   hard   for   the   winner   and   had   three   strikes   on goal desperately defended by United. Final Score: Penicuik 3 Bo’ness 3