Penicuik Athletic
Established 1888
Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Match Report
Penicuik vs Tweedmouth 3.10.18
My thanks to Andy Penman for the match report - (Sorry no match photos this week) Penicuik 9 Tweedmouth 0 Penicuik:    Cordery,   Caddow,   Baptie,   Young,   Forbes,   MacDonald,   Sproule,   Barr,   Sampson,   Somerville,   McCrory-Irving Subs: Hamilton, Ponton, McIntosh, Jones, Connolly, Kateleza Tweedmouth    Rangers :    Fletcher,    McLeod,    Cromarty,    Graham,   Aitchison,    Robinson,    Colquhoun,    Robertson,    Strang, Crombie, Gibson. Subs: Murray, Blaikie, Allan, McKenna Penicuik   welcomed   first   time   visitors   Tweedmouth   Rangers   to   Penicuik   Park   and   gave   them   a   warm   reception   as   the Cuikie   turned   up   the   heat   and   put   nine   without   reply   past   the   Conference   A   bottom   side   to   go   back   on   top   of   the Conference.   Manager   Harvey   took   the   opportunity   to   refresh   his   side   from   the   weekend’s   eight   goal   win   over   Leith Athletic and made six changes in his starting line-up. Under   the   lights   in   a   competitive   match   for   the   first   time   the   home   side   wasted   no   time   in   laying   down   a   marker   as   early as   the   7th   minute   when   SOMERVILLE   scored   his   65th   goal   for   Penicuik,   firing   in   a   volley   from   Sampson’s   knock   down, the   ball   hitting   the   back   of   the   net   via   the   left   hand   upright.   On   the   quarter   hour   mark   Barr   was   brought   down   as   he   drove towards   goal   and   SOMERVILLE   stepped   up   to   convert   the   penalty.   On   21   minutes   FORBES ,   wearing   an   unfamiliar   no5 shirt,   made   it   three   turning   home   Sproule’s   shot   after   finding   himself   unmarked   in   the   six-yard   box.   With   six   minutes   to   the interval   the   home   side   went   four   up   as   SOMERVILLE   completed   his   fourth   hat-trick   of   the   season   with   a   sensational curling effort from 22 yards out leaving Fletcher helpless. Half Time: Penicuik 4 Tweedmouth 0 The   second   half   started   sedately   with   the   home   side   in   control   and   just   past   the   hour   mark   Harvey   made   a   triple   change as   the   trio   of   Jones,   McIntosh   and   Kateleza   replacing   Young,   Sampson   and   Barr.   In   the   64th   minute   MCCRORY-IRVING made   it   two   in   two   firing   home   after   McIntosh’s   shot   was   saved   by   Fletcher.   Substitute   MCINTOSH ,   fresh   from   his   four- goal   haul   against   Leith   grabbed   the   sixth   in   69   minutes   as   his   shot   squirmed   under   the   keeper.   Six   minutes   later MCINTOSH   got   his   second   and   the   home   side’s   seventh   as   he   headed   home   from   Baptie’s   corner!   With   the   fresh   legs   of the   replacements   having   an   impact   it   was   JONES   who   got   the   8th   in   77   minutes   as   he   picked   out   the   top   corner   from   the edge   of   the   18-yard   box   and   the   scoring   was   completed   in   the   83rd   minute   with   the   inevitable   MCINTOSH   goal   as   he completed his second hat-trick in four days from Somerville’s cross. Final Score: Penicuik 9 Tweedmouth 0