Penicuik Athletic
Established 1888
Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Match Report
Hill of Beath vs Penicuik 26.8.17
Hill of Beath 0 Penicuik 1 Hill of Beath: Hall, Leishman, Bryce, Conners, Harrower, Reid, Schiavone, Perrie, Elder, Adamson, Smith Subs: McCulloch, Trialist (JW), Trialist (JJ), Fotheringham, Costello Penicuik: Allison, Forbes, MacDonald, Hume (c), G Hamilton, Jones, McCrory-Irving, Barr, Somerville, Kateleza, Montgomery Subs: J Hamilton, Mendes, Lough, Young, Easton The game started at a high tempo and it was the home side who created the first chance when a long range strike beat keeper Allison but crashed back off the base of the post. In the 5th minute, a long clearance by Allison gave Kateleza a chance, but keeper Hall rushed from goal to gather at the second attempt. Minutes later the same player’s strike went straight to the keeper. Penicuik were player some slick, attractive possession football and deservedly took the lead in the 12th minute when Forbes’s cross to the back post was headed home by MONTGOMERY to celebrate his 200th appearance for the club. One minute later another great cross by Forbes picked out Kateleza but Hall reacted instinctively to tip the ball over the crossbar. In the 20th minute, a training ground corner kick saw Montgomery’s left foot strike beat Hall but hit the bar and away for a goal kick. At the other end a Haws free kick was tipped over the bar by Allison. On the half hour a snap shot by Schavione saw Allison well placed to save. Then an excellent passing move by Penicuik put the home defence under siege with a Jones shot blocked and a header by Kateleza going narrowly wide of the target. Just before half time a nasty clash of heads resulted in G Hamilton taking no further part in the game after suffering bad cut. Half Time: Hill of Beath 0 Penicuik 1 Three minutes into the half and a strike by McCrory-Irving flashed over the bar. Then a swift break from defence saw the Haws trialist strike from twenty five yards, but Allison at full stretch pulled off a great one handed save. In the 58th minute following a sustained period of pressure by Penicuik, Kateleza was denied by Hall when he reacted instinctively to beat away the strikers first time volley. On the hour mark, Somerville found himself the meat in the sandwich and took no further part in the game, suffering mild concussion and a cut eye. Then a long range strike by McCrory-Irving whistle narrowly past the target. In the 70th minute, Penicuik had the ball in the net but the goal was disallowed for a free kick against Kateleza. At the other end a long throw in caused problems for the Penicuik defence, but Leishman’s effort went high and wide of the goal. In Penicuik’s next attack, substitute Lough broke down the right and his cross along the six yard box, gave Kateleza a half chance, but his touch let him down and the danger was cleared. In the 86th minute Kateleza set up Lough but he dragged his shot wide of the left hand post. One minute later the same two players combined again, but Lough strike went straight into the arms of Hall. On 90th minute Leishman’s cross into the box saw the trialist’s glancing header go wide of the goal. Final Score: Hill of Beath 0 Penicuik 1
Click on the camera to view match video