Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Kirkcaldy YM vs Penicuik  13.8.13 Penicuik Athletic
Kirkcaldy 0 Penicuik 4 Penicuik:  Trialist, Dickson, McDermott, Cunnison, Young, Lister, Killin, Gay, McCallum, McPartlin, Harris Subs: Knight, Roxburgh, Meikle, Wilson KirkcaldyYM: Gay, Orrock, Pelosi, Quinn, O'Neill, Westwater, Page, Greig, McNeill, G Meikle, Forbes Subs: Grubb, S Meikle, Chiavoni, Lawson Referee: Mr Kyle Hall Penicuik started the game at a high tempo pushing Kirkcaldy back into defence and in the 5th minute a Penicuik corner kick was only partially cleared, but Harris's diving header sailed over the crossbar. One minute later, a McPartlin strike was held at the second attempt by keeper Gay. In the 17th minute an indirect free kick to Penicuik saw the ball clearly strike a defender's hand inside the box as he rushed out to block the shot. Referee Hall ordered a retake of the free kick and Young's header went straight into the hands of keeper Gay. Minutes later a solo run by Harris saw keeper Gay looking on anxiously as the ball flashed inches wide of his right hand post. Killin then had a chance off a McDermott corner kick in the 32nd minute, but his header went over the bar. One minute later, Lister's tenacity earned Penicuik a penalty kick. McCALLUM converted the spot kick with style, sending the keeper the wrong way. At the other end, a Westwater free kick curled over the defensive wall, but went over the crossbar. Immediately afterwards, a neat flick by McCallum set Harris free, but his powerful volley went straight to keeper Gay's arms. Then another strike by Harris left keeper Gay flat footed but his shot went narrowly past the upright. Right on half time Harris had another chance after some neat passing between McCallum and McPartlin, but his effort missed the target. Half Time: Kirkcaldy 0 Penicuik 1 Kirkcaldy obviously had some words said to them at half time because they came out firing on all cylinders and Penicuik were hard pressed to contain them. However the closest they came to getting the equaliser fell to livewire G Meikle who saw his strike force an excellent save out of Penicuik's trialist keeper. Penicuik survived the initial onslaught and struck back in the 51st minute when CUNNISON headed home a McDermott corner kick. Then in the 57th minute, a defence splitting pass picked out McCALLUM who turned quickly and thrashed the ball into the top corner of the net. Shortly afterwards, G Meikle was inches away from getting his head to a cross deep into the Penicuik penalty box. In the 69th minute, a free kick to Penicuik saw the kirkcaldy defence go to sleep as McCallum drifted out to the left in acres of space. Gay chipped the free kick to McCallum, but his eighteen yard first tim volley flew over the bar. In the 83rd minute, a swift break from defence by Penicuik saw McCallum set up Substitute KNIGHT who rounded the advancing keeper and stroked the ball into the bottom corner of the net. Final Score: Kirkcaldy 0 Penicuik 4