Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Tayport vs Penicuik 16.2.13 Penicuik Athletic
Tayport 3 Penicuik 1 Tayport: Ferrie, Moodie, Robertson, Thomson, Toner, Elvin, Mann, Tront, McPhee, Murray, Gray Subs: Donnachie, Rollo, Mair, McCulley, Casey Penicuik: Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Kerr, Gay, McPartlin, K Barr, Patterson, Roxburgh, Killin Subs: Bunyan, Paliczka, L Barr Tayport were quick out of the blocks in this East Premier League match and took the lead in the 4th minute when a free kick was missed by Kerr and Meikle in defence and MURRAY took full advantage to shoot past Bald. Ten minutes later, another Tayport free kick just outside the Penicuik penalty area cleared the defensive wall, but Bald got down well to save. In the 22nd minute, a Gay free kick was drilled into the box, but was missed by everyone and went inches wide of Ferrie's left hand post. Penicuik were now dominating the home side and were controlling the game with the bulk off the possession and pressure and came close when Killin's header went over the bar. In the 29th minute Kerr got in a shot off a Gay corner, but his strike went wide of the target. Ten minutes later the same player had a chance from the edge of the box, but dragged the ball wide of the goal. Then, an excellent move by Penicuik saw McPartlin pick out Roxburgh in the box but an offside flag was raised as he was about to shoot. The final action of the half saw Tayport break swiftly from defence and Murray cut the ball back to Tront, but his effort went wide of the post. Half time: Tayport 1 Penicuik 0 The second half started with Penicuik again pushing hard for the equaliser and in the 49th minute, following a corner to Penicuik, Gay saw his shot take a deflection, but was well saved by Ferrie. Immediately afterwards, a flowing passing move by Penicuik ended with a poor effort that went high and wide of the target. At the other end Bald had to be alert and rush from his goal line to dive at the feet of Murray to smother the ball. Penicuik's pressure finally paid off in the 60th minute when a corner kick by Gay was headed goalwards where keeper Ferrie fumbled the ball and KERR bundled the ball into the back of the net. Penicuik had their tails up and piled on the pressure looking for the goal that would give them the points, but the home defence was holding firm. In the 78th minute, a quick break by Tayport ended with Bald saving a Murray shot at the second attempt. Four minutes later, Penicuik had a great chance to take the lead when Killin was inches away from knocking home a superb Roxburgh cross. Then in the 85th minute, totally against the run of play, Tront crossed the ball into the Penicuik box where the ball was miskicked and fell to MURRAY. He did not hesitate and slammed the ball into the back of the net. One minute later, Murray again broke free of the Penicuik defence and was adjudged to have been brought down by Bald. MURRAY duly despatched the spot kick to complete his hat trick and seal the points for Tayport. Kerr was then red carded for his protestations. Final Score: Tayport 3 Penicuik 1