Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Girvan vs Penicuik 27.10.12 Penicuik Athletic
Girvan 0 Penicuik 3 Girvan: Nesbit, McGilp, Murchie, D Cunningham, Maxwell, S Cunningham, Maitland, McMillan, Mitchell, Harvey, McQuade Subs: Gardiner, Stevenson, Bryce, McVittie, Bryden Penicuik: Livie, Cunnison, McDermott, Kerr, Bunyan, McPartlin, Gay, Barr, Patterson, Paliczka, Montgomery Subs: Millar, Elliot, Killin, Roxburgh, Bald In the 3rd minute, a flowing move by Penicuik started when Barr won the ball in midfield and picked out Montgomery. He drove across the box and laid the ball off to Gay whose penetrating cross was well cut out by keeper Nesbit. Minutes later another dangerous cross by Gay was well held by Nesbit under pressure from Patterson. In the 9th minute a quick break from defence saw Harvey set up Mitchell who chipped the advancing Livie only to see the ball hit the upright and cleared. In the 24th minute, a Mitchell strike from 25 yards had Livie looking on anxiously as the ball flashed a yard wide of his right hand post. Ten minutes later, a neat interchange between Cunnison and McPartlin culminated with a Paliczka header, but keeper Nesbit was well placed to save. In their next attack, Penicuik's Patterson turned his marker in the penalty box and laid the ball off to Montgomery, but his effort flew over the crossbar. In the 40th minute a Paliczka cross was headed home by Patterson, but was ruled offside. Three minutes later, a long ball caught out the Penicuik defence, but after rounding Livie, Harvey dragged his shot inches wide of the post. Then in the closing seconds of the half, a curling Montgomery shot crashed back off the post. Half Time: Girvan 0 Penicuik 0 In the opening minute of the half, keeper Nesbit tipped a long range strike by Gay over the bar. Penicuik were upping the pace of their game and pushing Girvan back in defence and, following a free kick that curled over the defence, Gay rushed in at the back post, but his effort just missed the target. With the pressure building, Kerr came close with a 25 yard drive. However, the pressure finally told in the 62nd minute when Killin beat the offside trap and cut the ball back to MILLAR who slotted home from close range. In a rare Girvan attack, McMillan beat his man but failed to hit the target. In the 71st minute, Killin again caused problems for the Girvan defence when he nipped in between Nesbit and Murchie to steal the ball and was upended in the box. KERR converted the spot kick sending Nesbit the wrong way. Then, a head flick by Killin gave McPartlin a chance, by his shot went narrowly past the post. One minute later, a Cunnison throw in was headed on by Millar to Killin who in turn headed the ball on to McPARTLIN and this time he made no mistake striking the ball into the bottom corner of the net. In the 85th minute, Livie came to Penicuik's rescue with a fine diving save to turn a net bound header round the post. In the final minute of the game, a defence splitting pass by substitute Elliot picked out Millar who got past Nesbit in goal, but a magnificent last gasp tackle denied the striker. Final Score: Girvan 0 Penicuik 3
2nd round Scottish Junior Cup