Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick
Penicuik vs Dundee Violet 10.11.12 Penicuik Athletic
Penicuik 2 Dundee Violet 1 Penicuik: Logan, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Kerr, Gay, Roxburgh, McPartlin, Millar, Killin, Montgomery Subs: Bunyan, Patterson, Paliczka, Riley, Bald Dundee Violet: Hutchison, Logan, Ballantyne, Gibb, Thomson, Szpak, Milton, Anderson, Duell, Lawson, McConnachie, Subs: Grant, Manzie, Conway, Reynolds, Kelly Referee: Mr Duncan Smith In the opening minute of the game Penicuik Violet keeper Hutchison was brought into action twice when he had to rush out and dive at the feet of Montgomery to save and seconds later had an easier task to save a Roxburgh strike. Penicuik took the lead in the 10th minute when a defence splitting pass by Meikle picked out MILLAR who drove in on goal and slotted the ball past the advancing Hutchison into the bottom corner of the net. Immediately afterwards, Roxburgh sent over a tantalising cross to the back post where Montgomery took advantage of Logan's hesitation to get a boot to the ball but his effort went narrowly past the post. One minute later, Millar again caused problems for the Dundee defence and laid the ball off to Killin, but his strike came back off the bar and was booted clear. In the 26th minute, following a throw in to Dundee, McConnachie cut across the box and let fly, but with keeper Logan looking on anxiously the ball flashed past his left hand post. Then a Lawson cross to the back post was headed by Milton, but Logan was well placed to save. In the 35th minute, Killin curled a cross into the Dundee box where Montgomery was inches away from connecting with a diving header. Just before half time, a Dundee free kick was headed over the crossbar by Duell. Half Time: Penicuik 1 Dundee Violet 0 In the 53rd minute, Dundee attacked down the right and a strike by DUELL caught Logan off his line and the ball looped over his head to level the game. One minute later, a Dundee free kick curled round the defensive wall but went inches wide of the target. At the other end, a Penicuik free kick was headed down into the danger area by Killin, but the Dundee defence reacted quickest and the danger was cleared. Then a long clearance from the Dundee penalty area required Logan to rush from goal to smother the ball. A quick incisive attack by Penicuik ,saw a Gay cross flicked on by Killin, but keeper Hutchison got a fingertip to the ball to deflect it on to the crossbar and over for a corner kick. In the 60th minute, Killin made a great run and cut the ball back across the six yard box where keeper Hutchison lost his footing, but just as Paliczka was about to pounce, the keeper recovered to grab the ball off  the striker's toe. In the 73rd minute, a great pass and go from Lawson saw him with only Logan to beat, but he skied his shot over the bar. Minutes later, Paliczka set up Patterson, but his strike went wide of the goal. Penicuik were now piling on the pressure looking for the goal that would give them their first league win of the season and the Dundee discipline was beginning to crumble, and in the 87th and 88th minutes, Anderson and then Thomson got their marching orders with second yellow cards. Three minutes later, Penicuik's Cunnison suffered a similar fate. With the Dundee defence under severe pressure in stoppage time, MONTGOMERY smashed home the winner in the 95th minute for Penicuik. Final Score: Penicuik 2 Dundee Violet 1