Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Tayport 1 Penicuik 1 Tayport: Ferrie, Robertson, McCulley, Wemyss, Morris, Mackie, Tosh, Elvin, Milligan, Anton, Murray Subs: Donachie, Kenneth, Welsh, West, Ross Penicuik:  Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, McPartlin, Knight, Barr, Roxburgh, O’Reilly, Draper Subs: Smith, Gay, Brigain, Thomson Gallagher, Riley, Killin, Haldane Penicuik travelled to Tayport for this East Premier League match on a bitterly cold and windy day and there was little for the fans to shout about in the opening minutes of the game. The first real threat by either side came in the 17th minute when Tayport's Murray held the ball up well, turned quickly and saw his strike flash over the Penicuik crossbar. Ten minutes later, the same player was set free when a ball over the top of the Penicuik defence picked him out. He drove in on goal, but dragged his shot just wide of the keeper's right hand post. In the 33rd minute, Reid came to the rescue for Penicuik when he headed a dangerous cross away for a corner. Five minutes later, a Knight cross was headed by O'Reilly straight into Ferrie's arms. In the 44th minute a Tayport free kick was headed straight at Bald, and from his clearance, McPartlin gathered the ball and ran almost the length of the pitch only to see his strike miss the target by inches with Ferrie watching on anxiously. Half Time: Tayport 0 Penicuik 0 Three minutes into the restart and O'Reilly had a great chance to score, but his effort went high over the bar. Penicuik were in control of the game now and were building pressure on the home defence, and in the 60th minute, a long range shot by Cunnison was comfortably saved by Ferrie. Immediately afterwards, a defence splitting pass by Barr set Roxburgh free on the left. He drove into the penalty box, but Ferrie rushed from goal to deny the striker. Then a Barr strike was easily gathered by Ferrie. In the 68th minute, against the run of play, MURRAY put the home side ahead when he dribbled past three Penicuik defenders and stroked the ball past Bald into the bottom corner of the net. Minutes later, a Penicuik free kick was desperately headed away my Morris for a corner.  GAY took the corner kick and the flight of the ball deceived everyone and ended up in the back of the net, much to the joy of the Penicuik players and fans. One minute later, Bald pulled off an excellent save when he dived down low to his left to save a Tayport header. In the final ten minutes of the game, Penicuik continued to pin back the Tayport defence and in the 91st minute Gay rose above the Tayport defence, but his header flashed narrowly over the bar. Final score: Tayport 1 Penicuik 1