Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Penicuik 0 Tayport 1 Penicuik: Porch, Gallagher, McDermott, Meikle Cunnison, Gay, McPartlin, Barr, Harvey, Brigain, Knight Subs: Thomson, Roxburgh, Smith, Draper, Reid, Riley Tayport: Ross, Raeside, Livie, McDonald, Russell, Tosh, Morris, Manzie, Elvin, Mulligan, Whatley Subs: McAvoy, Ferrie, McCulley, Mackie, Welsh, Anton, West Referee: Mr Scott Millar The game started brightly with both sides evenly matched, but the first chance fell Tayport's way in the 10th minute when, following a long throw in that caught the Penicuik defence flat footed, Russell saw his powerful header flash over the crossbar. In the 19th minute, a rare mistake by Morris allowed Harvey to take the ball round keeper Ross, but his low cross from the bye line was easily intercepted and cleared. Three minutes later, a Penicuik free kick just outside the box was blocked by the defensive wall, turned back in to McPartlin but his strike was deflected past the post for a corner. Then at the other end a dangerous cross by Russell was brilliantly headed clear by Gay. In the 26th minute, Penicuik attacked down the right and Harvey's cross fell to Knight who set up McPartlin. He lobbed the keeper only to see the ball go narrowly past the upright. In the 42nd minute, a quick break by Tayport caused consternation in the Penicuik defence when Russell controlled the ball on his chest but he struck his shot straight into the hands of Porch in goal. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Tayport 0 Six minutes into the half and a dangerous deep cross to the back post by Tayport looked like it was going to be headed home, but the incoming striker lost his footing at the last second, much to the relief of the Penicuik fans. In the 58th minute, referee Millar awarded a free kick to Tayport that even surprised the visitors and their fans, but Russell curled his effort wide of the target. Two minutes later, another attack down the right by Tayport culminated with an overhead kick by Tosh that hit the post and went past for a goal kick. In the 67th minute, Penicuik attacked through the middle and Harvey laid the ball off to McPartlin who burst between two players only to be tripped by Morris who was very lucky not to be booked. From the free kick, the ball was partially cleared and a net bound strike was superbly saved by keeper Ross. In the 70th minute, a corner to Penicuik was headed clear to the edge of the box from where it was chipped back in. Harvey gathered the ball, but Ross dived low to his right to save Harvey's effort. The deadlock was broken in the 78th minute when Tayport again attacked down the right. The cross in was flicked on by Tosh to RUSSELL who volleyed home from the edge of the box. Penicuik tried hard in the dying minutes to get the equaliser, but Tayport held out comfortably. Final Score: Penicuik 0 Tayport 1