Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Oakley United 3 Penicuik 2   Oakley United: Bower, Ross, K Connors, Cusick, Sinclair, Ritchie, Dodd, McDowell, Morrison, Blackadder, Dair Subs: Scarborough, M Connors, Pyper, McMillan, Page, Lumsden, Kelly Penicuik: Bald, Gallagher, McDermott, Meikle, Cunnison, Gay, McPartlin, Barr, Roxburgh, Brigain, Draper Subs: Reid, Smith, Knight, Harvey, Haldane Penicuik got off to a flying start when DRAPER slotted home a Barr cross from close range in the 3rd minute. Then at the other end, Gallagher lost possession, but the strike on goal was mishit and Bald saved comfortably. In the 10th minute, Penicuik attacked up the left wing from where Draper sent over a cross to the back post. McPartlin rushed in, but his half volley fizzed across the front of the goal and narrowly past the far post. In their next attack, McPartlin on the right wing hit a low cross along the six yard line where Roxburgh was inches away from getting a toe to the ball and Draper, coming in at the back post, was denied by a last gasp tackle by Ross. In the 13th minute, a controversial moment in the game when Penicuik were awarded a throw in, much to the disgust of Morrison, whose tirade of abuse resulted in a red card. Penicuik were now piling on the pressure and should have doubled their lead in the 18th minute when Gay was inches away from heading home a McDermott corner kick. Then a shot on goal by Roxburgh was blocked at the last minute allowing keeper Bower to gather. In the 23rd minute an excellent diagonal pass by Blackadder over the Penicuik defence set McDOWELL  free and he slipped the ball past Bald into the bottom right hand corner of the net. On the half hour, Gallagher gave away possession in his own half and DAIR strode forward and drove the ball into the net to put the home side ahead. Right on half time, McPartlin had a chance, but his effort went wide of the target. Half Time: Oakley 2 Penicuik 1 Two minutes into the half, Penicuik attacked down the left wing from where Roxburgh cut across the edge of the box and laid the ball off to BARR who struck it first time low into the bottom corner of the net. In the 51st minute excellent work by McPartlin saw his cross headed by Brigain, but Bower pulled off an finet save to deny the visitors. Immediately afterwards, McPartlin was in action again but his strike was partially blocked allowing Bower to save comfortably. Penicuik were again piling on the pressure and in the 61st minute, keeper Bower pulled off another good save low down to his right to deny Brigain. Then a quick ball from the Penicuik defence set up Draper one on one with the keeper who did exceptionally well to get a hand to Draper's shot and deflect it away for a corner. Minutes later the whole context of the play changed when Penicuik's Gay was red carded for a bad tackle. As a result, Penicuik lost their shape and drive and almost went behind when a curling shot from the left wing went inches past the keeper's left hand post. Then a soft free kick was conceded by Penicuik and with only two men in the wall, BLACKADDER easily curled the ball round the wall into the bottom corner of the net to give Oakley the lead. Penicuik created one more chance in the 82nd minute, but the Oakley defence held firm and the shot on goal was deflected away for a corner. Final Score: Oakley United 3 Penicuik Athletic 2