Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Livingston 0 Penicuik 2 Livingston: Paccitti, Kerr, Drew, Malone, Byle, Russell, Payne, Burns, Crawford, Roberts, Docherty Subs: Murphy, Gibson, McIntosh, Fleming, Laconnelli, McLaren, Jack Penicuik: Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, McPartlin, Smith, Gay, Roxburgh, Knight, Draper Subs: Brigain, Riley, Harvey, Trialist Referee: Mr W Anderson An unbeaten Penicuik side travelled to Livingston for the penultimate game in their League Cup section, and, if they had any chance of winning the section, Penicuik required to take all three points from the game. The match started at a frenetic pace, and it was Penicuik who created the first chance. In the 10th minute a Knight header came crashing back off the crossbar with Paccitti beaten. In the 19th minute, neat footwork by Roxburgh got him past two defenders but a last gasp tackle saw the ball flash past the keeper's right hand post for a corner. Then some real pressure by Penicuik pinned the Livingston defence back into their penalty box and a Cunnison 25 yard strike flew narrowly over the bar .On the half hour, Penicuik had a strong penalty claim ignored by referee Anderson when Roxburgh was clearly tripped in the box. In their next attack, Roxburgh had a chance, but scooped the ball high over the bar. Five minutes later, after great work by Knight, Brigain should have scored for Penicuik but his lob was well saved by Paccitti, and the score line remained blank at half time. Half Time: Livingston 0 Penicuik 0 The second half started as the first had ended, with both sides contesting the midfield, but with defences nullifying any threats on goal. Penicuik gradually applied the pressure and took the lead in the 73rd minute when the unfortunate CRAWFORD deflected a McDermott free kick into his own net.  At the other end, Bald had to race from his goal line to deny Roberts. Four minutes later, KNIGHT, who had been a thorn in the Livingston defence throughout the game, slammed home an unstoppable right foot drive into the keeper's bottom left hand corner of the net to seal the points. Penicuik then controlled the remainder of the game and in the 86th minute, once again Knight caused problems for the Livingston defence, beating his man on the edge of the box, but Paccitti was well placed to save. One minute into injury time, a defence splitting pass by Smith set up Brigain, but a superb last minute tackle denied the striker. Final Score: Livingston 0 Penicuik 2