Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Harthill 3 Penicuik 5 Penicuik: Porch, Gallagher, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, Gay, Brigain, Barr, Harvey, Roxburgh, Draper Subs: Smith, Thomson, Knight, McPartlin Harthill: Watson, Robertson, McCann, Reid, Lawrie, Adam, Thomson, Ireland, Reid, Higgins, Kay Subs: Halliday, Redmond Referee: Mr Scott Love Right from the kick off, Penicuik went on the attack down the left wing, but keeper Watson was quick to cut out Harvey's cross into the box. Then Harthill moved the ball quickly out of defence only for Reid's strike to go well wide of the target. In Harthill's next attack, Porch pulled off a fine save to turn Adam's strike round the post. In the 5th minute Harthill came close when a strike by Kay flashed past Porch's left hand post. Two minutes later, Penicuik attacked down the left and Draper's chip deceived the keeper, but dipped over the crossbar. In the 10th minute, Penicuik should have taken the lead when a great diagonal ball by Gay picked out Draper, but he shot straight at the keeper and the danger was cleared.  Immediately afterwards, a Barr lob over the keeper went inches wide of the target. Then a corner to Penicuik was punched out by Watson. The ball was driven back in and two strikes on goal were again blocked by the keeper. From the resultant corner kick, the ball was blasted over the bar. In the 17th minute, a nice pass by Gay picked out ROXBURGH who got past his marker, drove in on goal and thumped the ball into the roof of the net, giving Watson no chance. Five minutes later, Harthill broke up the left, and Kay got past Gallagher, but Meikle came across to cover and clear the danger. In the 25th minute, Brigain saw his 25 yard strike saved by Watson at the second attempt. In the 40th minute, slack defending by Penicuik allowed THOMSON to get round Porch and slot the ball into the empty net. Right on half time, Draper was adjudged to be tripped in the penalty box, and BARR converted the spot kick despite Watson getting a hand to the ball. Half Time: Harthill 1 Penicuik 2 Three minutes into the half, a free kick to Harthill was missed by Porch and THOMSON pounced to slot home for his and his side's second goal. In the 54th minute, Harthill crossed the ball to the back post where it was headed back to Higgins who struck the ball first time, but Porch got finger tips to the ball to deflect it over the crossbar. Then in the 58th minute, Roxburgh was brought down in the penalty box and a penalty awarded. This time, Watson guessed right and saved Barr's spot kick. In the 62nd minute, a Roxburgh strike was well saved by Watson, but the rebound fell to HARVEY who slammed the ball into the back of the net to restore Penicuik's lead. Two minutes later, Porch was in action to save a header off a corner kick. Then a neat passing move between Harvey a Roxburgh saw Harvey chest Roxburgh's cross just wide of the upright. In their next attack, Penicuik's Brigain saw his chip beat Watson but shave the keeper's left hand post. However, in the 77th minute , BRIGAIN was on hand to volley home a rebound after Roxburgh’s effort came back off the bar. Then in the 85th minute, Harthill were awarded a penalty that THOMSON converted with comfort. Penicuik's nerves were settled in the 91st minute when HARVEY sealed the victory with a well taken goal. Final score: Harthill 3 Penicuik 5
1st Round East of Scotland Cup