Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick My Thanks to Tony Graham for the match report and photos Penicuik 2 Glenrothes 1 Penicuik Athletic: Bald, Cunnison, Reid, Meikle, McDermott; Gay, Barr, McPartlin, Draper; Brigain, O'Reilly. Subs: Roxburgh, Knight, Smith, Gallagher, Haldane. Glenrothes: Roberts, McInnes, Hush, Shields, Moffat, Lee, Simpson, Gay, Bryce, Martin, Shaw. Subs McKie, Bisset, Murray. Napier. Referee Steven Crichton. Penicuik's quest for promotion resulted in a few changes for their fifth meeting with Glenrothes this season. The Glens were gifted an early opening when the usually dependable Ally Reid slipped up but they were unable to take advantage. Draper then had a few good runs up the left, again to no avail. However, on 9 minutes, good interplay between Gay, Brigain and McPARTLIN, returning to the team after a six week absence, ended with a cracking drive from the latter leaving keeper Roberts clutching at fresh air. Penicuik continued to press and both Draper and Brigain came close. Glenrothes however were making progress and Shaw, often in combination with McIness, was causing the Cuikie defence problems on the right with his close control but the forwards could not capitalise on their chances. Play was pretty much end to end without either side making too many clear cut chances. Barr and Gay were going through a power of work in the midfield. Meanwhile a moment of light relief came when referee Crichton, who had been having a decent game himself due to his anonymity, was called into action when one of the Glenrothes officials compared the far side linesman to the male appendage over a disputed throw-in. He was sent from the field for his trouble. As the players were contemplating their half time refreshments a rather clumsy tackle by Reid, slipping in the under foot conditions, resulted in SIMPSON his victim, giving Billy Bald no chance from the penalty spot. Half Time Penicuik Athletic 1 Glenrothes 1 After the break play continued much as it had in the first half. There were a few chances at each end but none troubling either keeper much apart from a Charlie Brigain long range drive which crashed off the crossbar with Roberts nowhere. The Glens goalie then had a terrific save from Draper tipping the ball around the post at full stretch. On 65 minutes the same players were involved in what proved to be the winner. Penicuik had momentarily at least hemmed in the opposition in their own 18 yard box with a series of corners and the ball fell to DRAPER whose crisp shot was deflected and just managed to struggle over the line into the bottom right of the goal with keeper Roberts scrabbling to no avail. As the game went on the players were getting tired due to the heavy pitch from overnight rain. Neither team were able to make much progress with defences on top. As time ran out Referee Crichton blotted his copy book by sending Jerry Draper off for a pretty innocuous foul which was at worst a yellow card. Full time Penicuik Athletic 2 Glenrothes 1 Man of the match: Ryan Gay.