Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Glenrothes 3 Penicuik 2 Glenrothes: Collier, Napier, Lee, Gibson, Moffat, McKie, Thomson, Murray, Shaw, Martin, Campbell Subs: Riley, Hush, Shields, Crombie, Bisset Penicuik: Porch, Gallagher, Draper, Meikle, Cunnison, Smith, McPartlin, Barr, Thomson, Roxburgh, Knight Subs: Brigain, Harvey, Gay, McDermott Bald Referee: Mr W Cooper Penicuik got off to a flying start in the 4th minute when KNIGHT nipped in between defender and goalkeeper to head home a Keith Barr cross. In the 11th minute, Murray for Glenrothes got past Smith on the goal line and cut the ball back, but Porch in goal was well placed at the front post to cut out the danger. Two minutes later, a long ball from defence by Glenrothes was headed on to Shaw who set up Campbell, but Porch rushed from goal to smother the ball at Campbell's feet. Glenrothes got back on level terms in the 23rd minute when, following a corner, the ball was only partially cleared, turned back into the box from where SHAW slotted  the ball past Porch. On the half hour, Penicuik restored their lead when Smith sent in a low, dangerous cross from the right wing, and NAPIER had to deal with it, but unfortunately for him he bundled the into his own net. In the 40th minute, McPartlin came close for Penicuik, but his strike went a yard wide of the target. Three minutes later, Penicuik should have increased their lead. Knight battled in midfield to win the ball, set Thomson free who rounded keeper Collier, but his effort on goal went over the bar. Glenrothes 1 Penicuik 2 In the opening minute of the second half, Barr set up Roxburgh, but his quick turn and shot went straight into the arms of Collier. In the 48th minute, Campbell saw his header off a corner kick flash over the Penicuik crossbar. In the 60th minute, a lovely passing move by Penicuik saw Roxburgh denied by Collier who rushed out to smother the ball at the striker's feet. Five minutes later, an even more delightful passing move by Penicuik ended with Barr chipping keeper Collier, but Napier came to Glenrothes rescue with a goal line clearance. Shortly afterwards, Martin set up Shaw, but his strike flew over the bar. After this, Penicuik fell out of the game as an attacking force, seemingly content to defend their lead, but in the 83rd minute, Glenrothes equalised with a superb strike by substitute RILEY from the far corner of the penalty box. Glenrothes now had their tails up and started to pile on the pressure, and just when it looked like a penalty shootout was looming, Glenrothes won a corner on the right. The ball was crossed in and with Penicuik failing to clear their lines, MARTIN saw his overhead kick hit the back of the net for the winner that took the Glens through to the second round of the Fife & Lothians Cup. Final Score: Glenrothes 3 Penicuik 2 Fife & Lothians Cup 1st Round