Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Penicuik 4 Glasgow Perthshire 1 Penicuik: Bald, McPartlin, McDermott, Meikle, Cunnison, Gay, Brigain, Barr, Harvey, Thomson, Knight Subs: Reid, Roxburgh, Smith, Gallagher, Draper Glasgow Perthshire: Thomson, Eadie, Brown, McLaughlin, Stirling, McConnell, Gibson, Malcolm, Craig, Frize, Kirkwood Subs: McAuley, Carberry, Kennedy Referee: Mr Matthew Denne Penicuik kicked off this replay of the 2nd Round of the Scottish Cup with, to say the least, somewhat better weather conditions than the previous week in Glasgow and in the 2nd minute, tenacious work by Knight saw his efforts set Thomson free, but his strike went over the crossbar. Six minutes later, Glasgow were awarded a soft free kick, but although Gibson got the ball over the defensive wall, it curled wide of Bald's right hand post. Then McPartlin broke up the right wing and his cross picked out Thomson, but he dragged his shot wide of the post. Penicuik's pressure bore fruit in the 15th minute when Harvey fired in a low first time cross that was just missed by Brigain, but the unfortunate EADIE bundled the ball into his own net. Immediately afterwards, a defence splitting pass by McPartlin set up Barr, but keeper Thomson came to the rescue with a fine save. In the 20th minute, an excellent move done the right by the visitors saw a dangerous cross into the box brilliantly defended by Cunnison despite being fouled in the process. At the other end, a quick turn and volley by Harvey fizzed past the upright. Penicuik almost doubled their lead three minutes later when, after good work by Harvey, Brigain saw his strike hit the post and go past for a goal kick. On the half hour, Penicuik held firm to defend two free kicks in the space of two minutes. Then Harvey did well to win the ball on the bye line only to see his cross blocked for a corner. Five minutes later, delightful skills by Harvey saw him chip the goalkeeper, but the ball was hooked off the goal line by McLaughlin. Minutes later, Malcolm had a go on goal, but was well off target. Just before half time, Harvey came close with an effort that went six inches wide of the far post. Half Time: Penicuik 1 Glasgow Perthshire 0 Right from the restart, Glasgow went on the attack and Bald was brought into action for the first time in the game to save low down to his right. Then Penicuik doubled their lead in the 48th minute when a corner to the back post was headed down by Meikle, blocked on the line, and GAY blasted the rebound into the roof of the net from close range. Three minutes later, with the Shire defending desperately, two powerful shots by McPartlin and Gay were blocked and cleared.  Then in their next attack Penicuik saw Harvey round the keeper, go for goal, but as the ball trundled to the goal line, another excellent piece of defending saw the ball hooked away before it crossed the line. In the 57th minute, a powerful shot by Craig was tipped over the bar by Bald. Ten minutes later, the same player drove across the edge of the Penicuik penalty area only to blast the ball high over the bar. At the other end, Harvey had a chance, but dragged his effort just wide of the target. Seconds later, a ball over the Shire defence looked like keeper Thomson was going to collect, but opted not to do so and THOMSON pounced on the error, rounded the keeper and slotted the ball into the empty net.  In the 76th minute Thomson again rounded his namesake in goal, slipped the ball to Roxburgh, but the keeper did exceptionally well to recover and block Roxburgh's attempted chip. Then an attempt on goal by Knight beat the keeper, but came back off the bar and cleared. In a rare Glasgow attack, Kirkwood tried a shot from a tight angle that went across the face of the goal and out for a goal kick. The game was put to bed in the 80th minute when CUNNISON, running into the box, slotted home a well controlled strike with the outside of his right boot. In the 87th minute, a corner kick was flicked on to the back post where KIRKWOOD headed home for a consolation goal to Glasgow. Final Score: Penicuik 4 Glasgow Perthshire 1 Scottish Junior Cup 2nd Round Replay