Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Glasgow Perthshire 0 Penicuik 0 Penicuik: Bald Gallagher, McDermott, Meikle Cunnison, Gay, Brigain, Barr, Harvey, Roxburgh, Draper Subs: Thomson, Knight, McPartlin, Reid, Killin, Porch Glasgow Perthshire: Ross, Duncan, Eadie, Brown, Stirling, McLaughlin, Malcolm, Gibson, Noble, Kirkwood, Kennedy, McAuley Subs: Frize, Carberry, Thomson Referee: Mr Matthew Denne The opening fifteen minutes of the game were evenly contested with neither side dominating or creating any chances. The first threat on goal came Penicuik's way in the 21st minute when Roxburgh got round behind the Glasgow defence but his cross into the box was volleyed wide of the target by Harvey. Seven minutes later, a neat interchange of passes between Gay and Brigain set up Draper but his shot was deflected narrowly past for a corner kick. In the 35th minute, lovely ball skills by Martin created space for himself at the edge of the Penicuik box, but Cunnison's block took the sting out of the strike and Bald gathered comfortably. Almost on half time, a quick break from defence by Penicuik saw Brigain set up Harvey, but again his effort went well wide of the goal. Half Time Glasgow Perthshire 0 Penicuik 0 Four minutes into the half and the Penicuik fans got a fright when a Shire strike on goal bounced off Bald's head but he quickly recovered to smother the ball. In the 52nd minute, keeper Duncan came to the rescue of the home side, pulling off an excellent save to turn a net bound strike by Harvey round the post. Then a great driving run by Barr was foiled by a last gasp tackle by Stirling. One minute later, a left foot shot by Gay was unfortunately deflected inches past the upright by one of his own players. By this time the weather deteriorated rapidly with torrential rain and exceptionally strong winds making football and spectating difficult to say the least. However, in the 65th minute, a Glasgow corner kick was headed inches wide of the post when it seemed easier to score. Three minutes later, Roxburgh broke down the right, and with Barr racing into the box, Roxburgh's cross was blocked by a desperate lunge by Brown.  Penicuik were pressing hard for the winning goal and the visiting fans thought it had come when Harvey rounded keeper Duncan only to hit the side netting from a tight angle. With three minutes to go, a free kick to Glasgow was flicked on to the back post where an overhead kick hit the side netting at the base of the post. Then a rare mistake by Meikle required Bald to rush from goal, block the shot, and save the day for Penicuik. Into injury time and Penicuik created two chances, but the Shire defence held out well to deny first Harvey and then Thomson. Full Time: Glasgow Perthshire 0 Penicuik 0 Scottish Junior Cup 2nd Round Click photos to enlarge - my apologies for the quality, all down to the weather conditions