Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Downfield 2 Penicuik 0 Downfield: Burns, Deuchars, Wilson, Cox, Ferrie,Tront,  Espisito, Bremner, Scott, Payne, McPhee Subs: Hood, Vannet, Martin, Rollo, Gormley, Thain Penicuik:  Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, McPartlin, Gay, Barr, Roxburgh, Smith, Brigain Subs: Gallagher, Draper, Knight, O'Reilly, Thomson, Killin, Haldane Referee: Mr Scott Lesley After hitting top spot in the league last week, Penicuik were brought back down to earth in Dundee by a hard working determined Downfield side. Penicuik started the game brightly and in the 4th minute, a long clearance by Bald was picked up by Smith. He drove in on goal only to see his powerful shot brilliantly turned round the post by keeper Burns for a corner kick. Ten minutes later, a McDermott corner kick was partially cleared and fell to Meikle, but his first time strike flew inches over the crossbar. In their next attack, Penicuik's Gay struck a great diagonal pass to Brigain. He raced into the penalty box but his weak shot was comfortable saved by Burns. In the 21st minute a free kick to Downfield was crossed to the far left side of the penalty area where McPhee let fly with a ferocious right foot strike. Bald did exceptionally well to block the effort, but the rebound fell kindly to PAYNE who slotted the ball home from eight yards. In the 32nd minute, a swift break from defence by Downfield, saw McPhee, who was causing problems for the Penicuik defence, cut across the box but his strike well saved by Bald. Ten minutes later, Esposito tried a long range effort that had Bald back peddling rapidly, but in the end he made the save look easy.  Then a long throw in caught out the Penicuik defence, but the effort on goal went well wide of the target. Half Time: Downfield 1 Penicuik 0 Penicuik again started the half brightly, but their opening sorties into the Spiders goalmouth all came to nothing. In the 67th minute the game was effectively put to bed when, in their first attack of the half, a free kick was poorly defended by Penicuik and the ball fell to BREMNER. He hooked a high looping ball over everyone and it found the back of the net via the right hand upright. From the restart Penicuik broke quickly up field and substitute O'Reilly did well to get round Scott but a last gasp tackle deflected his dangerous cut back for a corner. In the 78th minute, a McDermott corner kick was met by Meikle at the back post. Keeper Burns parried the ball away, and Meikle again headed for goal, but Burns was in the right place to save once more. Two minutes later, Cunnison attacked up the right, sent over a searching cross into the box that both O'Reilly and Smith were inches away from making contact. Penicuik continued to press the home defence, but failed to create any clear cut chances and the home side deservedly earned the three points. Final Score: Downfield 2 Penicuik 0