Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Penicuik 4 Downfield 3 Penicuik: Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, McPartlin, Smith, Gay, Thomson, Roxburgh, Brigain Subs: Barr, Knight, Harvey, Fraper, Gallagher, Riley, Porch Downfield: Thain, Rollo, Ross, Cox, K Scott, Tront, M Scott, Bremner, K Scott, Murray, Vannet Subs: Gormley, Martin, Reilley, Lindsay Referee: Mr David Doig In the opening minute, Brigain rose above the Downfield defence to get his head to a Gay free kick, but the ball hit the top of the bar and went over for a goal kick. In the 7th minute, GAY won two tackles on the right of midfield, raced in on goal past three Downfield defenders and slotted the ball into the keeper's bottom left hand corner of the net. In the 17th minute, a Downfield corner was parried by Bald but it fell to BREMNER who slammed the ball home from close range. However, two minutes later, a Gay free kick was tipped on to the woodwork by keeper Thain, but THOMSON pounced on the rebound to restore Penicuik's lead. In the 34th minute, Scott had a chance when a pinpoint cross picked him out on the edge of the six yard box, but, under pressure from McDermott, his strike went a yard wide of the goal. Penicuik almost increased their lead in the 42nd minute, when a Smith strike came back off the upright with Thain beaten. Right on half time, a free kick to Downfield was headed clear of the box, but VANNET's strike went through a ruck of players in to then far corner of the net. Half Time: Penicuik 2 Downfield 2 Penicuik wasted no time in applying the pressure and six minutes into the half, Roxburgh beat his man and crossed the ball to THOMSON who slammed the ball into the back of the net despite Thain getting a hand to the ball. Penicuik continued to press with Roxburgh causing problems for the visitors defence and in the 78th minute Downfield's Cox saw red for an off the ball incident when he appeared to strike Roxburgh. The ten men of Downfield raised their game and pushed Penicuik back. In the 88th minute, following a corner to the Spiders, SCOTT rose unchallenged in the box to bullet home a header and a deserved equaliser. However, Penicuik were reluctant to lose their unbeaten home record, and goal scorer Thomson became provider in the 92nd minute when he wriggled past his marker and crossed the ball low into the six yard box. HARVEY rushed in and slammed the ball into the net much to the delight and relief of the Penicuik support. Final score: Penicuik 4 Downfield 3