Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Broxburn 2  Penicuik Athletic 0 Broxburn: Holliday, Roycroft, Gibson, Cairns, Kiczinski, Pitman, Martin, Morrison, Cowan, J Millar, Young Subs: Jeffrey, Martindale, Fairweather, Purvis, G Millar, McPhee, Maley Penicuik Athletic: Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, Gay, McPartlin, Barr, O'Reilly, Smith, Brigain Subs, Knight, Knight, Gallagher, Roxburgh, Thomson Killin, Sub G/K Haldane.  Referee: Mr Gavin Ross This was a huge game for both sides and a victory would see the winning side promoted to the Super League, so there was everything to play for. Right from the kick off, Penicuik went on the attack and O'Reilly got the better of his marker, cut into the edge of the box, but dragged his strike past the far post. One minute later, Broxburn broke quickly from defence and Morrison set up Cowan, but his volley went high over the bar. In the 12th minute, Young for Broxburn drove in on goal and tried a long range, wind assisted shot, but his effort went three yard wide of the target. Two minutes later, a long clearance by Broxburn put Penicuik under pressure when Gay lost possession in his own box, but a tremendous tackle by Reid cleared the danger. With the strong wind behind their backs, Broxburn had Penicuik hemmed into their own half and a free kick to the home side on the halfway line saw Cairns get in a glancing header, but Bald did well to dive down low to save. In the 22nd minute, a neat flick by O'Reilly created a chance for Penicuik, but Smith mishit his strike and the ball went harmlessly past for a goal kick. Five minutes later, Broxburn should have scored when Bald blocked a strike and was left stranded out of his goal, but some desperate blocks eventually saw the ball cleared. Minutes later a dangerous cross into the Penicuik defence was missed by everyone when the slightest touch would have seen the ball in the back of the net. Penicuik continued to defend solidly with Meikle and Reid showing the way and the half ended goalless Broxburn 0 Penicuik 0 In the opening minute of the half, Penicuik had a chance, but again poor finishing let them down. At the other end, Martin got past his marker, but his powerful strike was blocked by Reid at full stretch. In the 54th minute, Penicuik attacked through the middle, but O'Reilly saw his overhead hook shot fly over the bar. Penicuik were having their best spell of the match, but in the 65th minute, a flowing move by Broxburn culminated with a delightful right foot strike from the edge of the box by COWAN that curled into the bottom right hand corner of the net, giving Bald no chance. In the 77th minute, substitute Jeffrey came close with a strike that flashed a foot over the Penicuik crossbar. Four minutes later, Roxburgh for Penicuik did well to get to the by line and send over a dangerous cross, but Holliday, despite having little to do throughout the game, was alert enough to dive out and cut out the danger. Immediately afterwards Morrison had a good chance, but dragged his shot just wide of the upright. Then Killin set up O'Reilly, but his first time volley went high over the bar. In the 83rd minute, the game was put to bed when the Penicuik defence was torn apart by PITMAN who turned defenders left, right, and centre allowing him to stroke the ball into the empty net. Broxburn cruised through the remaining minutes to win the game comfortably and secure their place in the Super League next season. Final Score: Broxburn 2 Penicuik 0