Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Penicuik 1 Broughty Athletic 2 Penicuik: Bald, McPartlin, McDermott, Meikle, Cunnison, Gay, Brigain, Barr, Harvey, Thomson, Knight Subs: Reid, Roxburgh, Smith, Gallagher, Draper, Haldane, Riley Broughty Athletic: Cormack, Dailly, Tweed, Ogilvie, Brash, Lunan, Myles, Farquharson, Bertie, Allan Subs: McPherson, Kadela, Torrance, McLeod, Stark Referee: Mr Dougie Potter In the opening minute Penicuik broke down the right and Harvey's pass was picked up by Brigain who drove into the box, nipped between two defenders and was unceremoniously upended but referee Potter ignored a blatant penalty. Penicuik played high tempo passing football over the next five minutes, but couldn't break through the ten man defence set up by Broughty. In their first attack on the Penicuik goal in the tenth minute, the visitors had two shots blocked and a third driven high over the crossbar. In the 11th minute, against the run of play, Penicuik failed to defend a free kick floated high into the penalty box and LUNAN flicked the ball past Bald to take the lead. Penicuik continued to have the better of the possession and in the 28th minute a 25 yard diagonal pass picked out Knight on the left wing. He cut inside and fired off a right foot strike that beat Cormack in goal, but crashed back off the base of the upright and was booted clear. Shortly afterwards, a neat passing move was finished off by Harvey with a quick turn and volley that went a yard wide of the target. In the 38th minute the visitors doubled the lead, again when a free kick high into the box was not cleared by the Penicuik defence and MYLES slammed the ball into the net from close range. In the 43rd minute with Penicuik pressing hard, McDermott had a chance, but blasted the ball wide of the goal. Right on half time, Barr saw his shot blocked at the last minute and seconds later, Cormack in goal pulled off a great save to deny Harvey. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Broughty 2 Five minutes into the second half, Broughty had a corner on the left that was only partially cleared and the return ball was headed narrowly over the bar by Torrance. In the 55th minute, Broughty attacked down the right, but the strike on goal flew high over the crossbar. Ten minutes later Thomson attacked the Broughty defence, cut inside only to see his shot comfortably dealt with by keeper Cormack. In the 77th minute, a Penicuik corner kick was cleared to the edge of the penalty box from where Barr volleyed for goal, but was well off target. In the 82nd minute, substitute Roxburgh saw his right foot strike go narrowly past the post. In their next attack, McDermott set over a cross to the back post where THOMSON volley home from a very tight angle, but pulled a hamstring in the process and took no further part in the game. Two minutes later, a corner to Penicuik fell to Roxburgh whose shot, come cross beat keeper Cormack, but came back off the woodwork and cleared. Then, Penicuik had another strong penalty claim turned down by referee Potter when McPartlin's cross was clearly handled in the box. Penicuik continued to press hard for the equaliser, but with ten men defending behind the ball, Broughty held out until the final whistle. Final Score: Penicuik 1 Broughty Athletic 2