Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Bonnyrigg 2 Penicuik 2 Bonnyrigg: Weir, Fell, Gray, Dunn, Ewart, Thomson, McLeish, Burrell, Grady, McCallum, Paliczka Subs: Moffat, Hendrie, Martin, Archibald, Amos Penicuik: Bald, Cunnison, McDermott, Meikle, Reid, McPartlin, Knight, Barr, Thomson, Killin, Draper Subs: Roxburgh, Smith, Gallagher, Riley Penicuik started brightly and were the first to threaten when a Draper volley flew narrowly over the crossbar. In the 8th minute Bonnyrigg hemmed Penicuik in their penalty box where several shots were blocked and Bald had to be alert to save a last deflected strike on goal. Three minutes later, a surging run by McPartlin from midfield saw him set up Knight who’s well struck cross was desperately headed clear for a corner. From the corner, the ball was partially cleared and crossed back in by McPartlin. Dunn again headed clear, but the ball fell to CUNNISON who slammed the ball into the bottom corner of the net from 22 yards.  In the 20th minute Draper saw his strike beat keeper Weir, but flash inches past the upright. Four minutes later, a quick break from defence caught out Penicuik, and an excellent cut back to the right side of the penalty box was driven low and hard into the net by McCALLUM  for the equaliser. From the restart, Penicuik almost restored their lead when trialist Thomson saw his strike beat Weir, but go narrowly past the post. In Penicuik’s next attack, some superb footwork by Knight turned Gray inside out three times, but his tantalising cross was just out of reach of the Penicuik strikers. One minute later, a long clearance by Weir beat central defender Reid, but fortunately for Penicuik, Brady’s strike went just wide of the target. In the 33rd minute, another high ball by Bonnyrigg caught out the Penicuik defence and this time BRADY  slotted the ball into the far corner of the net. Immediately afterwards, a Barr free kick appeared to have cross the line but was booted clear and referee Gill waved play on. Then Killin came close when Weir saved his deflected strike. In the 41st minute, another Barr free kick curled round the defensive wall but was brilliantly saved by Weir. Then another Penicuik free kick was headed narrowly past the post by Meikle. Almost on half time Draper was denied by Weir when he was at full stretch to turn his shot round the post. From the corner, Barr picked up the loose ball, went past three defenders only to see Weir again come to the rescue for Bonnyrigg, and turn his shot round the post for a corner. Half time: Bonnyrigg 2 Penicuik 1 In the 54th minute with Penicuik showing great pace and determination, a cross to the back post was headed clear and picked up by Knight, but his attempt on goal went over the crossbar. In their next attack, Knight cut in from the right and let fly with a powerful strike, but Weir was well placed to save. Five minutes later, Draper’s powerful free kick whistled inches over the crossbar. In the 60th minute another excellent move by Penicuik, this time down the left wing saw McDermott send over a dangerous low cross into the box. Thomson dummied the ball and Knight smashed the ball goalwards, but Weir got a fingertip to the ball to turn it past for a corner. Then in the 73rd minute, Penicuik got a deserved equaliser when Draper shot on goal. Keeper Weir got a hand to the ball and it came back off the post where McPARTLIN had the easiest of tasks to tap the ball into the net. From the restart Penicuik won the ball and went on the attack. There were loud claims for a penalty when Roxburgh appeared to be pulled down by Dunn, but nothing was given. Shortly afterwards, a long kick out by Bald beat the Rose defence, but Killin’s headed bounced of Dunn and was cleared. In the 87th minute, a rare corner to Bonnyrigg was miskicked and trundled narrowly past the post. Without a doubt, Penicuik were unlucky not to take all three points, particularly after their second half performance, and Bonnyrigg should thank keeper Weir for keeping it at level terms.