Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Penicuik 2 Arniston 1 Penicuik: Bald, Cunnison, Draper, Meikle, Reid, Gay, Brigain, Barr, O'Reilly, Smith, Knight Subs: Roxburgh, Thomson, McPartlin, Ryrie, Riley, Killin, Haldane Arniston: Rachowski, Munro, McCaul, Moriarty, Lukas, Somerville, Garden, Leishman, Jones, Smith Subs: McCormack, Thornhill, Honjigawa, Landells, Osborne Thomson Referee: Mr Gianluca Marini Having lost last week away at Armadale Thistle, it was essential that Penicuik took all three points to keep their hopes of promotion alive, and they almost took the lead in the 5th minute when a cleverly worked free kick set up Knight, but keeper Rachowski did well to save low down to his right.  Minutes later, a curling 25 yard strike by O'Reilly beat Rachowski but the ball crashed back off the woodwork and was cleared. In the 12th minute a Draper free kick flashed over the crossbar. In Arniston's first attack on goal, Jones won the ball in midfield and charged unchallenged toward the Penicuik goal, but he dragged his strike just wide of the target. In the 21st minute, Penicuik attacked down the left where Smith beat Munro, cut the ball back along the goal line, but Rachowski dived low to cut out the danger. In Penicuik's next attack, some neat dribbling skills saw Brigain get past two defenders in the box, but again Rachowski came to the rescue for the visitors. Immediately afterwards, a Cunnison cross was headed by Knight and Rachowski had to scramble across his goal line to tip the ball past for a corner. Then Rachowski was at his best to tip an O'Reilly header over the bar. The pressure was constant on the Arniston defence and a great volley by Barr beat Rachowski, but again the woodwork came to the rescue. In the 42nd minute, a rare Arniston attack saw Bald punch the ball clear, but the strike from the edge of the box whistled past the post. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Arniston 0 Three minutes into the half and Brigain sent a low cross along the six yard box where the slightest touch diverted the ball past everyone only to hit the base of the post and cleared. Minutes later, Knight got the better of Munro, checked inside and let fly, but Rachowski pulled off an excellent save to keep the score line blank. In the 58th minute a quick break by Arniston saw Jones one on one with Bald and the big keeper, blocked his strike on goal, much to the relief of the home fans. In the 60th minute the deadlock was finally broken when Barr sent over a cross into the box, and SMITH'S diving header beat Rachowski all ends up. Penicuik doubled their lead in the 67th minute when Cunnison laid the ball off to Barr who slipped it on to O'REILLY. He turned on a sixpence and slammed the ball into the far bottom corner of the net. Eight minutes later, Moriarty for Arniston was red carded by referee Marini for foul and abusive language. However this seemed to spurn Arniston into action, and all credit to the remaining ten players, they upped their game and for the first time in the match, started to cause problems for Penicuik. In the 83rd minute a long clearance from the Arniston defence saw GAY misjudge the flight of the ball and his header sailed over keeper Bald's head and into the net. Two minutes later, substitute McCormack got in ahead of the Penicuik defence, and only a last gasp tackle stopped him scoring. In the dying seconds of the game O'Reilly had a chance, but his effort went over the bar. Final score: Penicuik 2 Arniston 1