Website designed and maintained by Jim Dick Armadale 1 Penicuik 0 Armadale: Walker, Brown, Bonnar, MacKay, Morrison, Mauchline, McLeod, Valentine, Feeney, Taylor, Milton Subs: Craig, Finlayson, Johnston, Wardlaw, Hay, Muir, Swinbourne Penicuik: Bald, Gallagher, Draper, Meikle, Reid, Gay, Thomson, Barr, Roxburgh, O'Reilly, Brigain Subs: Smith, Knight, McPartlin, Killin, Cunnison, Ryrie, Haldane Referee: Mr Peter Stuart Armadale started the better of the two sides and in the 2nd minute won a corner on the right that MacKay got his head to, but the ball went high over the bar. Five minutes later, in Penicuik's first real attack, Thomson crossed the ball into the box, O'Reilly laid it back to Barr, but he dragged his shot just wide of the target. Then the same player this time tried a long range strike, but keeper Walker got down well to his right to save. At the other end, Brown sent a searching cross into the box where Feeney got his head to the ball but his effort went well wide of the goal. In the 14th minute, another corner to Armadale was punched clear by Bald, chipped back in and finally headed clear by Reid with Penicuik's defence under strong pressure. Two minutes later, Barr won the ball in midfield for Penicuik and set O'Reilly free on the right. His strike on goal was just missed by Roxburgh a yard off the goal line, and the ball flashed inches past keeper Walker's right hand post. In the 25th minute, should have taken the lead when two Penicuik players failed to connect with a superb Thomson free kick and the danger was cleared. Then Thomson saw another opportunity go a begging when his strike flew high over the bar. Right on half time, O'Reilly set up Roxburgh, but Walker was well placed to save the striker's shot. Half Time: Armadale 0 Penicuik 0 Six minutes into the second half and Penicuik should have taken the lead when Barr split the Armadale defence with an inch perfect pass to O'Reilly, but his first time strike flew over the crossbar. Two minutes later, a Thomson corner kick was missed by keeper Walker and the ball was headed back across goal where Roxburgh should have knocked the ball home from close range, but failed to do so. Then, somewhat against the run of play, Armadale took the lead when MacKAY smashed home a thunderous free kick from 20 yards that flew past Bald into the top corner of the net. Two minutes, later, Walker came to the rescue of the home side when he finger tipped a curling Brigain strike round the post for a corner. From the corner the ball was headed back to the near post but O'Reilly somehow managed to head the ball past the post from a yard out. Penicuik were now dominating play and another corner was headed downwards by Reid but straight into the arms of Walker. In the 82nd minute, a long clearance from defence by Penicuik was headed on by O'Reilly, but Thomson's effort was dragged wide of the goal. Two minutes later, another Thomson corner gave Brigain a free header, but once again the attempt went well wide of the target. Penicuik created enough chances, particularly in the second half, to win two games, but on the day some woeful finishing contributed heavily to the loss of three important points. Final Score: Armadale 1 Penicuik 0