Website designed and maintained by Website4u Penicuik: Bald, Robertson, Kennedy, Meikle, Campbell, Barr, Gay, Riley, Harvey, Walker, Montgomery Subs: Killin, Millar, Brown, McDermott, Connor, Coyle Lothian Thistle: Swain, Wallace, Wilkes, Ellis, C McAleavy, Butler, Stewart, Hume, D McAleavy, Young, McDonaugh Subs: Grieve, Kelly, McDiarmid, Shandley, Rankin Referee: Mr Michael Scott The game started evenly with both sides closing down quickly, but in the 10 th   minute, Thistle had three shots blocked in side the Penicuik penalty area before the ball was cleared. Five minutes later, Penicuik came close when Kennedy’s shot from just outside the box scraped the top of the crossbar with keeper Swain looking on anxiously. Then at the other end, Hume shrugged off Campbell only to see his curling right foot shot go narrowly wide of goal. In the 28 th  minute, a great pass by Walker set up Montgomery, but his strike on goal was well saved by Swain. Immediately afterwards, Harvey was in the clear, but his shot from the corner of the box went wide of the target. Then in the 38 th  minute, a long ball from defence by Thistle saw a mix up between Bald and Kennedy resulting in KENNEDY  heading past his keeper to put Thistle ahead and it stayed that way up to half time. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Lothian Thistle 1 Penicuik came out for the second half with four changes to the side and looked fired up and sharper. Two minutes into the half and a Gay free kick beat the wall but was well saved by Swain. Then McDermott had a great run down the left, got to the by line only to see his low cross desperately booted away. In the 56 th   minute, another Gay free kick got past the wall, but again, Swain was well placed to save. Two minutes later, the lively Killin was tripped in the box and GAY slammed the spot kick past Swain. In the 61 st  minute, with the Thistle goal under siege, the ball was partially cleared to the edge of the box from where GAY  volleyed home an unstoppable shot. Then at the other end a long ball was missed by Meikle, but the shot on goal was dragged wide of Bald’s right hand post. In the 69 th  minute a disaster for Penicuik when MEIKLE headed past Bald for a second own goal. Shortly after that another Gay free kick crashed off the crossbar with Swain beaten. The play was swinging from end to end and in the 83 rd  minute, when it seemed easier to score, a Thistle player headed over the bar from close range. Immediately afterwards, a McDermott corner kick was punched out by keeper Swain, and Barr saw his shot headed off the goal line 20.07.10 Friendly Match Penicuik 2 Lothian Thistle 2