Website designed and maintained by Website4u My Thanks to John Fraser for the match report, and to Tony Graham for the match photographs Penicuik Athletic: Bald, Gallagher, McDermott, Meikle, McKay, Parkin, Gay, Riley, Harvey, Brigain and Killin. Subs: Smith, Barr, Leighfield, Lockhart and Walker Kinnoull: Bruce, Smith, Fleming, Duigan, Hutton, O'Connor, Deans, Webster, Fraser, McKinlay, Timmins. Subs Carr, Fleming, Bone, Tinley and Price. Penicuik named the same team and substitutes as in last Saturday's East of Scotland Cup win at Lochee. Kinnoull, for their part are running out of games in their bid to avoid relegation. The start of the game was delayed by fifteen minutes as the Kinnoull bus was late in arriving but the visitors started in lively fashion no doubt buoyed up by their win last week at Whitburn. However, the first clear cut chance fell to Penicuik in the sixth minute as Harvey burst clear on the right but his pass across goal went straight to a grateful Bruce. In the seventh minute Brigain was sent clear by Killin but his drive went narrowly past the post. One minute later Killin shot high and wide when a Harvey pass again opened up the Kinnoull defence. Kinnoull re-organised with a couple of positional changes to stem the flow and came back with a Smith fee kick which was confidently held by Bald. With nineteen minutes gone Parkin and Harvey combined to set up Killin but his weak parting shot was easily held by Bruce. Kinnoull were now playing some sharp passing football and McKay was stretched to stop a good Bone run. The loose ball was picked up by Deans and Bald had to look lively to save Bone's header. Kinnoull won two corners in quick succession as they had Penicuik back pedalling before Ryan Gay left the field injured to be replaced by Keith Barr. The visitors took the lead in the thirty fourth minute from another corner kick. Webster's cross was headed in at the near post by DUIGAN with the Penicuik defence posted missing.  Penicuik were struggling to get a grip on midfield and Parkin was cautioned for a heavy midfield challenge. Tempers flared when Bone blocked a quickly taken Parkin free kick with Riley stepping as peacemaker as the referee chose to keep his cards in his pocket. The half finished with loud Kinnoull claims for a penalty for hand ball as a Webster free kick came into the box following a Killin foul. Half Time: Penicuik Athletic 0 v 1 Kinnoull Parkin did not appear for the second half and was replaced by new signing Mark Smith. Penicuik were in determined mood to match their opponents in midfield but it was Webster for Kinnoull who came closest with a header after a good run by O'Connor. Bone went down injured after running into the railings as Meikle shielded a through ball out of the park. Duigan was showing up well heading clear Penicuik's efforts to find Harvey as Penicuik struggled to get on level terms. A surging run up the left by McDermott won a corner but the Kinnoull defence cleared Gallagher's in swinging effort. Around this time the referee was coming in for some abuse from the Penicuik supporters as they felt he was not giving some decisions in their favour, a sign perhaps of building frustration. With sixty seven minutes gone a Barr shot was blocked after forcing play by the hard working Riley. Three minutes later the same player had a drive from a Brigain cross diverted over the bar by Duigan. Harvey shot over the bar from a Gallagher pass in the seventy sixth minute and then in Penicuik's next attack, shot past the post. Penicuik were now applying the pressure and with nine minutes to go were rewarded with the equaliser. Killin was fouled thirty yards out and it looked as if Gallagher's free kick was going past everybody when SMITH nipped in at the back post with a header into the back of the net. Two minutes later good work by Barr picked out Harvey but Bruce made a good save from his right foot volley. In the next minute Gallagher went down injured as he cleared up a left wing attack and was replaced by Leighfield. With a minute of the regulation ninety minutes left Webster thought he had secured all three points for the visitors but Bald pulled off a terrific one handed save from Webster's left foot shot. A minute into additional time a Leighfield pass found Harvey who beat his man as he cut in from the bye line and cut the ball back across goal. KILLIN and a Kinnoull defender reached the ball at the same time and the ball spun high in the air. When it came down it took a couple of wicked bounces with several players from both sides trying to get any sort of touch before it ended up in the back of the net. There was only time to restart play before the referee brought proceedings to a close with Penicuik taking all three points. Bone for the visitors who had been cautioned earlier received a second yellow card as the teams came off the park for remarks passed to the referee. Kinnoull are now faced with winning at least four of their remaining five games if they are to keep their place in the Premier League.   Full Time: Penicuik Athletic 2 v 1 Kinnoull.  Match Sponsor - Jim Allison and friends Match Ball Sponsor - The Peni Deli 26.3.11   Penicuik 2 Kinnoull 1