Website designed and maintained by Website4u Kilwinning Rangers: Wilson, McGregor, McDermott, Fulton, Holden, Maxwell, Lewis, Mitchell, Hart, Brown, Sloan Subs: Ferris, Monan, Grant Fulton Penicuik: Bald, Robertson, Gallagher, McKay, Campbell, Barr, Killin, Gay, Harvey, Brigain, Montgomery Subs: Hay, Walker, Riley, McDermott, Kennedy, Meikle The game started at a frenetic pace, and Penicuik were the first to threaten when two Penicuik shots were blocked and cleared. Immediately afterwards, Harvey headed on a cross into the box but Killin rushing in saw his header brilliantly saved by Wilson. In the 10th minute Campbell rose above the Buffs defence only to head wide of the target. In the 21st minute, Kilwinning’s first real threat on goal saw Mitchell drag his shot wide of the upright. In Penicuik’s next attack, Harvey was tackled late, but the referee allowed advantage, and Brigain got past his marker to slot home. However after consulting his assistant, the referee chalked the goal off for offside. On the half hour, Penicuik forced a series of corners, but the Kilwinning defence held firm. Five minutes later, desperate defending at another Penicuik corner kick saw a net bound shot cleared and the rebound blasted over the bar. In the 37th minute, a free kick to Penicuik was taken short and crossed into the box by Montgomery, the first shot was blocked and the rebound cleared by the outstretched boot of keeper Wilson. Half Time: Kilwinning 0 Penicuik 0 In the 50th minute, following a free kick to Penicuik, Harvey knocked the ball on to Brigain who chested the ball down, turned and shot, but straight into the arms of Wilson. Two minutes later, Kilwinning broke quickly up the right when Sloan set Brown free and his low cross across the box was slammed home by MITCHELL. In the 59th minute both Killin and Harvey had strikes on goal block for a corner kick. Kilwinning were controlling the game at this point with Penicuik trying hard to get back into it. In the 70th minute, A Kilwinning corner kick deceived everyone and almost went directly into the net, but the Penicuik defence recovered well to clear the danger. Then in the 82nd  minute Maxwell went for an early bath after receiving his second yellow card after fouling Killin. Two minutes later, with Penicuik pressing hard, a Campbell header hit the crossbar and went over for a goal kick. However Penicuik were not to be denied and scored a deserved equaliser when, a neat one two between Killin and Harvey saw him lay the ball into the path of BARR who blasted the ball past Wilson. In the 90th minute a cross to the back post was headed powerfully by Walker, but Wilson pulled off the save of the game to turn the ball away for a corner. Then Walker was fouled in the box just as he was about to strike and a penalty was awarded. Lewis was red carded for the offence. However keeper Wilson pulled off another great save to save Walker’s spot kick. The replay takes place at Penicuik on Saturday 9th October. Full Time: Kilwinning 1 Penicuik 1 2.10.10 Scottish Junior Cup 1st Round   Kilwinning Rangers 1 Penicuik 1