Website designed and maintained by Website4u Penicuik: Bald, Brown, Kennedy, Meikle, Campbell, Hay, Gay, Riley, Miller, Walker, McDermott Subs: Harvey, Montgomery, Killin, Robertson, Clark Hearts: Lyness, Mullens, Hill, Stewart, Hamilton, Mulrooney, Walker, Thomson, Witteween, Robinson, G Smith Subs: Holt, McCormack, Prychencko, D Smith, Toto, King, Fairley Referee: Mr Graeme Lesley: Referee Assistants: Ian Bailey, Michael Harte Hearts started the game showing excellent pace and neat passing skills and the first chance fell their way in the 9 th  minute when a cross from the right was headed over the bar by Smith. Immediately afterwards, Penicuik’s Millar showed great strength to hold off his marker only to be dispossessed just as he was about to shoot on goal. In their next attack, Penicuik came close with a Walker effort that went narrowly wide with Lyness back peddling. In the 13 th  minute, Mulrooney managed to squeeze the ball across the Penicuik six yard box but fortunately for Penicuik there were no takers. Three minutes later, a lovely move by Penicuik saw Millar cut the ball back to Walker who slotted home, but the goal was ruled offside. Then Witteween came close with a diving header. Seconds later, Mulrooney should have put Hearts ahead, but he blasted the ball high and wide of the target. In the 22 nd  minute, McDermott set Millar free, although his shot under pressure from Hamilton, beat keeper Lyness, it went inches wide of the post. On the half hour, with Hearts pinning back Penicuik, Walker crossed into the box but Witteween’s header went wide of the goal. Hearts took the lead in the 41 st  minute, Meikle was dispossessed in his own half and Thomson set up WITTEWEEN who slotted home past the exposed Bald. Just before half time, Bald twice came to the rescue for Penicuik, pulling off two great saves to keep the score at 0-1. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Hearts 1 Three minutes into the half Hearts doubled their lead when an excellent move down the right saw the ball cut back to substitute TOTO who first timed the ball past Bald. In the 58 th  minute, Hearts were awarded a penalty when Walker was adjudged to have brought down the Hearts player just inside the box, and the spot kick was competently despatched to make it 0-3. Most teams would have given up after going three down, but Penicuik to their credit refused to do so and gradually fought their way back into the game. Their hard work was rewarded when once again GAY showed his dead ball skills when he curled a superb free kick round the wall to beat Lyness all ends up. In the 78 th  minute, Meikle headed clear a Hearts corner kick, but Hamilton’s snap shot was dragged wide of the target. Penicuik continued to press, but the Hearts defence coped well until the 88 th  minute when a neat back heel by Harvey set up Walker. His powerful left foot strike beat Lyness, but fortunately for Hearts, the ball crashed back off the upright and was booted clear. An excellent match for the fans and again Penicuik could hold their heads high with a battling performance against a particularly talented and pacey Hearts side 27.07.10 Friendly Match Penicuik 1 Hearts 3