Website designed and maintained by Website4u Penicuik Athletic: Lennie Clark, Graham Gallagher, Michael McDermott, Craig Meikle, Steven Robertson, Robin Hay, Ryan Gay, Keith Barr, Johnny Harvey, Dean Walker, Ross Montgomery. Subs – Richard Campbell, Grant Killin, Gary Kennedy and Scott Brown Haddington Athletic: Ross Combe, Robert Greenaway, Kevin Milne, Ross Ferguson, Frazer Paterson, Michael Motion, Jackie Myles, Jacob Crolla, Ross Clark, Sean Conaghan, Brian Martin. Subs – Mark Barlow, Ewan Bisset, Ryan Grant, s/g Ryan Grant. Match Referee: Duncan Smith Penicuik made a couple of changes from last Saturday’s line up against Musselburgh with Steven Robertson and Dean Walker replacing Richard Campbell and Grant Killin respectively for this last game in the league cup. Haddington were struggling with call offs and had two trialists and a sub goalkeeper on the bench. Haddington started brightly with Conaghan firing a free kick wide of the goals but they were rocked back on their heels in the sixth minute. Harvey and Montgomery combined to win a corner and GALLAGHER’s effort curled into the top corner of the net to give Penicuik the lead. Penicuik were well on top and won a series of corner kicks, one of which Robin Hay headed against the post. The home team increased their lead in the thirty sixth minute. Montgomery and Walker combined down the left and when the ball came across goal ROSS FERGUSON deflected the ball past his own goalkeeper under pressure from Johnny Harvey. Two minutes before half time, Kevin Milne who had spent some time at Penicuik last season fired a free kick over the bar in a rare Haddington attack. Half Time: Penicuik Athletic 2 v 0 Haddington Athletic Penicuik kicked off in the second half but almost conceded goal a right away as Milne’s long range effort passed on the wrong side of the post. With Killin on for Barr after ten minutes of the second half Penicuik continued to have the upper hand with Montgomery proving a handful for the visitors defence. In the sixty fifth minute Kennedy replaced Gay but the pattern remained the same with Penicuik on top. Despite  a series of corner and free kicks Penicuik did not add to their lead but finished up comfortable winners when the referee brought proceedings to a halt. This first win in the section saw Penicuik move off the bottom leap frogging Dunbar who lost seven goals to Arniston Rangers. Result: Penicuik Athletic 2 v 0 Haddington Athletic 16.08.10 South League Cup Penicuik 2 Haddington 0