Website designed and maintained by Website4u Broughty: Cormack, Myles, Allan, O’Leary, Bertie, Brown, McLeod, Dailly, Smith, Farquharson, Craik Subs: Brown, Winter, Raffell, Murdoch, Gray, Burns, Etchels Penicuik: Bald, Robertson, Gallagher, Meikle, McKay, Killin, Gay, Hay, Harvey, Brigain, Montgomery Subs: Walker, Riley, Kennedy Referee: Mr J Banks Penicuik travelled to Whitton Park Dundee for this league encounter with Broughty Athletic, and found themselves a goal down within 90 seconds when MARC O’LEARY slammed the ball home from 18 yards. Three minutes later, Harvey turned his marker and fired off a great shot that keeper Cormack needed two attempts to save. In the 8th minute, Grant Killin was pulled down in the box and a penalty awarded. CHARLIE BRIGAIN converted the spot kick despite Cormack getting a hand to the ball. One minute later, a cross to the Penicuik back post saw Smith strike for goal, but his effort went wide of the opposite post. Then a long ball by Broughty hit the back of Meikle’s head and fell to the Broughty striker, but his shot was tipped past the post by Bald. At the other end, a Gallagher cross picked out Harvey who saw his effort saved at the second attempt. In the 32nd minute a controversial decision by referee Banks altered the whole complexion of the game. Gay received a second yellow card for simulation when everyone in the ground saw that he was clearly fouled. Shortly afterwards, a neat one two between Brigain and Harvey saw the shot deflected off a defender, hit the post and out for a corner. In the 40th minute, a long clearance by Bald was picked up by Harvey. He turned his man but his shot went narrowly past the post. Then Killin blasted a shot a couple of feet over the bar. Half Time: Broughty 1 Penicuik 1 In the 53rd minute, Broughty broke down the right and the ball was crossed into the box where McLeod shot on goal, but Bald got his fingertips to turn the ball over the bar. The extra man advantage that Broughty had was now beginning to tell and they were dominating play and moving the ball well whilst Penicuik were working hard to defend. However, Penicuik were able to attack on occasions and in the 65th minute, a great run down the right by Robertson saw him get round his marker but was very unlucky to see his cross hit the defender and ricochet off him for a goal kick. Three minutes later, Penicuik were on the attack again, but a quick break from defence saw a long ball catch out the Penicuik defence and ROBERT SMITH, with the Penicuik defence posted missing, had the easiest of tasks to head home a pin point cross. Then in the 71st  minute, an error by Meikle allowed GRAHAM ALLAN to nip in and slot the ball past Bald from close range. In their next attack, a powerful strike by substitute Gray whistled inches over the Penicuik crossbar. Ten minutes later, in a rare Penicuik attack, Killin waltzed past three Broughty defenders only to see his shot well saved by Cormack. Minutes later, Killin got round keeper Cormack, shot on goal, but the keeper blocked his effort. The rebound fell again to Killin and this time his shot was cleared off the line. Seconds later Brigain had a great chance but headed over with the assistant referee flagging offside. Full Time: Broughty 3 Penicuik 1   6.11.10 Broughty Athletic 3 Penicuik 1