Website designed and maintained by Website4u Penicuik Athletic: Coyle, Robertson, Gallagher, Meikle, Campbell, Barr, Killin, Gay, Harvey, Brigain, Montgomery. Subs McKay, Kennedy, Hay and Riley. Broughty Athletic: D Brown, Dailly, Winter, Raffell, Smith, Craik, McLeod, Myles, Burns, Farquharson, Bertie. Subs: Cormack, B Brown, Murdoch, Gray, Etchells, Allan, O’Leary. Referee: Michael Taylor On a perfect day for football, Penicuik welcomed newly promoted Broughty Athletic for their first visit to Penicuik Park. The Tayside men have won both of their home games while losing their two matches at home while Penicuik have won only one of their opening four league matches. Following last week’s home defeat to Ballingry, Penicuik rang the changes with no less than six of that starting line up missing for one reason or another. Broughty were slow to settle and Penicuik were well on top but despite creating several chances could not find the net.  All that changed in the thirteenth minute when CRAIK, owner of both a winners and losers Scottish Junior Cup medal from his time with Tayport ran through to shoot past Coyle and give the visitors the lead. Meikle had to leave the field with an injury to be replaced by McKay. Brigain was brought down on the edge of the penalty area as he tried to work an opening. Gay’s free kick rebounded from Brown’s left hand post and was booted clear by an anxious defence. Campbell stepped in with a timely clearance when Craik was preparing to pull the trigger at the other end. Penicuik equalised six minutes from half time when BARR shot home from the edge of the penalty area when a Killin cross from the right was turned in to his path. Penicuik had dominated the first forty five minutes and must have been scratching their heads during the half time talk in. Half Time: Penicuik Athletic 1 v Broughty Athletic 1 The pattern continued in the second half but despite a huge territorial advantage, no goal would come. With twenty minutes of the half gone Penicuik came very close to scoring but a fierce Brigain drive hit the inside of the post and again rebounded to safety. Immediately afterwards, Harvey was put through on goal by Barr but shot high over the bar from close in. Ten minutes later McKay was penalised a few yards outside the penalty area and Allan stepped up to send a curling left foot effort against Coyle’s left hand post. MYLES was first to react as he stooped to nod the rebound into the Penicuik net. Penicuik replaced Montgomery with Hay as they continued to press with Harvey pulling the Broughty defence all over the place. With nine minutes remaining an in swinging GALLAGHER corner took a deflection off a Broughty defender and ended up in the back of the net to again bring the scores level. Try as they might, Penicuik could not find the elusive winning goal and were almost made to suffer again two minutes into added time. A Barr foul gave Broughty a free kick in a dangerous position but there was a sigh of relief all round when Myles header from the kick slipped past the wrong side of the post. Broughty were delighted to pick up their first point on the road while Penicuik were left looking for their first home win. Despite a bright display the home team were left wondering how they had let two points slip through their fingers. Result: Penicuik Athletic 2 v 2 Broughty Athletic  25.09.10   Penicuik 2 Broughty 2