Website designed and maintained by Website4u Arniston: Rachowski, Herd, Cennerazzo, Cunnison, Tolmie, McLennan, Martin, Forster, Coult, Cropley, Bonthrone Subs: McNaughton, Nicholson, Lynch, Morris, Laird Penicuik: Trialist, Gallagher, Kennedy, Meikle, Robertson, Hay, Brigain, Riley, Harvey, Killin, Montgomery Subs: Gay, Walker, Robertson Referee: Mr Alan Hogg The game started with both teams evenly matched, but the first chance fell to Penicuik in the 6th minute when Killin chipped the ball over keeper Rachowski, but his effort went over the bar. Then at the other end a 25 yard lob by Coult went just wide of the target. In the 11th minute after good work by Brigain, Harvey saw his shot well saved by Rachowski. Four minutes later, Martin got round the back of the Penicuik defence but his cross was blocked by Meikle who had to scramble to hook the ball off the goal line. In the 20th minute, a misjudgement by Meikle allowed Coult in on goal, but he blasted the ball high and wide. Immediately afterwards, Harvey came close with a neat turn and shot, but the ball curled inches wide of the goal with Rachowski beaten. In their next attack Brigain set up Killin, but his strike went narrowly past the keeper’s right hand post. Brigain’s next contribution was a pile driver from 35 yards that Rachowski did well to save high up to his left. Penicuik were piling on the pressure and Montgomery should have scored when Rachowski fumble a high cross, but he dragged his shot wide of the open goal. In the 28th minute, Martin again got the better of the Penicuik defence, but his searching cross was well cut out by Penicuik’s trialist keeper. Five minutes later, a lovely Montgomery pass picked out HARVEY. He chested the ball down and then volleyed an unstoppable left foot shot Past Rachowski for a deserved lead. Penicuik continued to dominate the remainder of the half, but failed to add to their lead. Half Time: Arniston 0 Penicuik 1 Six minutes into the half and Harvey dispossessed Cunnison and curled a pass round the Arniston defence to Killin, but the ball was nipped off his toe just as he was about to strike. In the 58th minute Arniston equalised when a corner kick was partially cleared to the edge of the box. The ball was laid back out to the left where Martin crossed to the back post. FORSTER nipped in between two defenders to head home. Four minutes later, a free kick to Arniston was volleyed first time from the edge of the box by Martin, but his effort was sliced wide of the goal. Minutes later, following a corner to Penicuik, Robertson headed wide of the upright. Then a Gallagher corner for Penicuik had the visiting fans believing he had scored, but the ball had landed on top of the net. Penicuik were fading out of the game and Arniston were looking likely to score and in the 75th minute, only a last gasp tackle by Meikle denied Coult a goal at the expense of a corner. From the corner, Arniston were awarded a penalty when Robertson handled in the box. COULT despatched the spot kick with ease. Two minutes later, Penicuik’s trialist keeper pulled off an excellent save when he turned a Martin drive round the post. Arniston had their tails up now and had Penicuik on the back foot. The game was put to bed in the 87th  minute when FORSTER out paced the Penicuik defence to slot the ball into the net under the advancing keeper. Once again, after an excellent first half, Penicuik faded badly in second 45 minutes to lose three goals and see all their hard work go to waste. 28.08.10    Arniston 3 Penicuik 1