Website designed and maintained by Website4u 23.4.11  Penicuik 1 Arniston 0
Penicuik: Bald, Leighfield, McDermott, Meikle, McKay, Brigain, Smith, Gay, Harvey, Millar, Killin Subs: Lockhart, Walker, Barr, Gallagher, and Parkin Arniston: Weir, Lynch, McCall, McLennan, Tolmie, Cunnison, Herd, Cropley, Stevenson, and Forster, Cennerazzo Subs: Torrance, Landells, and Rachowski Referee Mr Simon McLean Arniston started brightly with Forster coming close in the 10th minute with an overhead kick that just looped over the crossbar.  Then in the 21st minute, a Killin strike flew over the bar. Three minutes later, a strike by Harvey was brilliantly tipped past the upright by keeper Weir. Ten minutes later, Stevenson for Arniston tried a long range effort, but his strike went wide of the target. Penicuik gradually took control of the game and a flowing move culminated with a strike on goal by Millar, but keeper Weir saved comfortably. In the 42nd minute, an excellent one two between Killin and Harvey was wasted when the shot on goal went wide of the upright. Then at the other end Lynch saw his strike saved by Bald. Half Time: Penicuik 0 Arniston 0 In the opening minute of the second half, Forster got his head to a Cunnison free kick, but Bald, at full stretch, pull off an excellent save. In the 49th minute, a delicate chip by Brigain over the defence gave Millar a chance, but keeper Weir rushed out to smother the ball. Penicuik were now dominating the play and Smith on the right wing was causing problems with his strong running and crossing. His next run up the right saw his cross headed inches past the post by Harvey. Then in the 51st minute, Penicuik took the lead when MILLAR rose above the Arniston defence at the back post to bullet home a header off a McDermott cross. In the 63rd minute, Penicuik should have sewn up the game when a low Harvey cross was slammed into the side netting by Killin when it seemed certain he would score. In the 71st minute, a Tolmie header went narrowly over the crossbar and immediately afterwards, a Killin chip beat keeper Weir, but scraped past the junction of the bar and post. Arniston upped the pace of their game, and a well struck Cropley free kick was saved by Bald. Bald was back in action minutes later, blocking a strike on goal with his legs. Penicuik then created three good chances to score, but keeper Weir was in fine form to keep his side in the game. A last chance feel to Arniston in the 90th minute when keeper Bald earned the man of the match award with a brilliant save off the last gasp free kick.